GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
11/5 - Good Afternoon. Hope the weather where ever you are is as gloriously Sunny and Warm as it is here in York :).
But, I am not allowed out, when at my Hospital Appointment in Dermatology yesterday the Consultant performed a minor procedure on my Scalp and removed 2 "blemishes" = that she did not like the look off and sent them off to Pathology. So, got a stinging and itchy head today and I am dying to scratch through the dressing! - But won't.:)
(I had 1 "blemish" removed a few years ago and the Histology Results were = Squamous Cell Carcinoma, which is the 2nd most common type of Skin Cancer - especially in men who have lost their hair on the top of their head = like me!)

I think ? the Diabetes has something to do with hair loss, because until I was diagnosed some 17 years ago I had a full head of hair.
Can anyone else comment on hair loss having Diabetes?
And my HBA1C has risen to 65 (few months back it was 60) my Cholesterol has reduced to 3.9, my Ferritin levels (Iron) have dropped to 12 (few months ago was 19) so, I am expected to increase the Ferrous Fumarate to take 2 tablets a day!
And I am seeing the Practise Diabetic Nurse on the 17th May.
Have an enjoyable day everyone :).

Last edited:

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
11/5 - Good Afternoon. Hope the weather where ever you are is as gloriously Sunny and Warm as it is here in York :).
But, I am not allowed out, when at my Hospital Appointment in Dermatology yesterday the Consultant performed a minor procedure on my Scalp and removed 2 "blemishes" = that she did not like the look off and sent them off to Pathology. So, got a stinging and itchy head today and I am dying to scratch through the dressing! - But won't.:)
(I had 1 "blemish" removed a few years ago and the Histology Results were = Squamous Cell Carcinoma, which is the 2nd most common type of Skin Cancer - especially in men who have lost their hair on the top of their head = like me!)

I think ? the Diabetes has something to do with hair loss, because until I was diagnosed some 17 years ago I had a full head of hair.
And my HBA1C has risen to 65 (few months back it was 60) my Cholesterol has reduced to 3.9, my Ferritin levels (Iron) have dropped to 12 (few months ago was 19) so, I am expected to increase the Ferrous Fumarate to take 2 tablets a day!
Good afternoon from sunny Carmarthenshire, my hair has certainly got thinner in the last 12 months since diagnosed although no bald patches yet.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Hi Liam
Sorry to hear about your scalp procedure hope all is well, but apart from your HBA1C your doing very well wish my cholesterol was 3.9 that's all he was concerned about in February.
I've been unpacking and re packing my case it wouldn't shut So had to leave some things at home but I always take too much,we are supposed to be carrying less has we are self catering,never had this problem when we went in hotel. So goodness knows what I've done different,except taken more casual clothes instead of dresses but has long has it closes I will manage. I hate getting everything ready for holidays,can't wait to close front door then it's all done.
Our Pauline has to have her gall bladder removed but because of all her other complications it's not yet certain who's going to do the surgery. And she has been to retinopathy and she has two bleeds behind her eye,she has lost her vision when she was young in the other eye so it's a real worry at the moment, but she was more concerned if we would make our trip to Warwick in June.
It's looking like we will Has her consultant wants even more tests he's not happy but it's nessacery has its call a contracting gall bladder and can cause pancreatitis so it has to be removed.
So William I will wait for your message and then I need to get our meal ready,it's Geoffs last night shift before we go away,and can you believe they asked him to stay on overtime,they where not pleased when he refused Has he would have got no sleep and he drives us to airport we leave the car their until we get back. Cheeky so and so, will check online in between doing our meal. Best Wishes KathXx

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Well, my builders have almost finished, but it appears that my longed-for loafing about in the garden is still under threat.
My next-door neighbours have installed their own builders today, who have spent all afternoon erecting some monumental scaffolding all across the back of their house, which will provide the builders with an uninterrupted view of my lovely secluded garden. :eek:
I can only assume that this is a plan by a Higher Power to ensure that I won't be at any risk of contracting skin cancer this summer... :bag:
I'm fed up. :grumpy:
And me!

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Liam1955 you mentioned hair loss, I certainly think it's cos of diabetes as I mentioned when I first joined the forum I lost about half my hair it came out in chunks in the shower, when I combed my hair ect, vacum got blocked up with my hair, a few otheres on the forum mentioned they had lost hair, it happened again last summer but I've noticed recently I've got BLACK hairs growing back! Ive got blonde hair (some grey now with age) but ive never had black hair, so don't worry maybe your hair will grow again. Just hope mine doesn't fall out again now it's growing back. Good luck with your scalp results, my husband had same problem 2 yrs ago cos he lives in hot climate in Middle East & he's bald, but luckily it was benign so fingers crossed everythink will be ok. Let us know how you get on. Good luck X

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Oh dear... is your hospital one of the ones affected?
I do hope not, after all the grief you guys have gone through to get this far....
Kingsmill were on the news last night. They don't know if there computers are infected they have turned all of them off as a precaution. If you need a&e be prepared for a long wait as doctors are having to physically chase up any test results . So if you need X-ray they are having to go to that department to look at them . They can't phone departments as lines are affected . Ron is suppose to be having an echocardiogram .

DevonVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi Liam
Have you tried Spatone. Great liquid iron supplement and does not upset tum. Was given it during pregnancy as I am always borderline anaemia. Easier uptake as well.

Reactions: Liam1955
D

debrasue

Kingsmill were on the news last night. They don't know if there computers are infected they have turned all of them off as a precaution. If you need a&e be prepared for a long wait as doctors are having to physically chase up any test results . So if you need X-ray they are having to go to that department to look at them . They can't phone departments as lines are affected . Ron is suppose to be having an echocardiogram .
Oh good grief!!! I do hope it can go ahead as planned and the results don't get lost. What a nightmare this all is for you...
Sending hugs xxx

Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Oh good grief!!! I do hope it can go ahead as planned and the results don't get lost. What a nightmare this all is for you...
Sending hugs xxx
Thanks hun , will ring hospital before we set off just to make sure it's still going ahead .

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Does anyone of you take baclofen ? If so has it helped ?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello @tina_marie :). I took 10mg Baclofen three times a day - years ago and Yes it did help at that time. I am assuming Ron is now on this drug? I do so hope he gets some relief taking this drug.:)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Hello @tina_marie :). I took 10mg Baclofen three times a day - years ago and Yes it did help at that time. I am assuming Ron is now on this drug? I do so hope he gets some relief taking this drug.:)
He hasn't started yet due to this computer hacking , but it has been recommended by pain clinic last week. It's because he's still getting restless seizures in bed .

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Baclofen is prescribed for Muscle Spasms as well as other conditions. The 3 most common side effects of this drug are: Dizziness, Drowsyness and feeling Sick, but these pass after a while.
Fingers crossed for Ron that this is the drug he has waited "long enough" for his condition. :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
@tina_marie - Baclofen is prescribed for Muscle Spasms as well as other conditions. The 3 most common side effects of this drug are: Dizziness, Drowsyness and feeling Sick, but these pass after a while.
Fingers crossed for Ron that this is the drug he has waited "long enough" for his condition. :)
I do hope so . He's only been able to get an emergency supply of his pain relief because of the hacking . His back went earlier and because of that his legs and feet wouldn't move .

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Went to see the Practise Surgery Diabetes Nurse this morning. Because of my HBA1C raising to 65 over the past couple of months she suggested I increase my Insulin and I said NO! I am sticking to what I am on = which is 40 units in total per day.
To have my HBA1C done again in 6 weeks time - to keep a check on it.
I do not want to put on any weight - but need to loose it. Increasing Insulin will only make me gain weight. She weighed me and I am 12 stone 12 lbs (which confirmed what I was last week).
It was suggested next time I see the Diabetologist at the Hospital Diabetic Clinic I ask if my Insulin might be changed to one that I can inject before eating. (Rather than this Insulin presently on I take twice a day in 20 unit doses).