Good Morning

D

debrasue

1/4 - Good Morning from a looks like rain? York. Hope you all have a lovely Saturday :). Hugs to the poorly people.
You know me so well 're: Chocolate :D. Why do you think I got an 8.1 fasting this morning! And I drank loads of water before bed in the hope of weeing out as much sugar during the night = obviously didn't work :rolleyes:.
I feel your pain, William... I never met a bar of chocolate I didn't like. :sorry:

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
In Spain last Sunday evening, I had a huge slice of chocolate cake with a decorative biscuit and cream. The following morning the fasting reading was 5.0 but I had walked about eight miles that day ..... For me there's no logic to it all!

Have a great day everyone!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
In Spain last Sunday evening, I had a huge slice of chocolate cake with a decorative biscuit and cream. The following morning the fasting reading was 5.0 but I had walked about eight miles that day ..... For me there's no logic to it all!

Have a great day everyone!
Although if mostly cream or philly cream but reheated biscuit and a little sponge, may not have been too detrimental if only a small piece?

Reactions: Liam1955

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Relatively small! It depends on what you call "small"! I did take a photo .....

IMG_2568.jpg

Last edited:

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Prior to that a huge tuna and red pepper/onion salad with loads of olive oil. I think numbers are all about balancing food choices?

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I hadn't had my usual cocoa for breakfast for a few days and just felt like some chocolate! The following day on my BA (cheap) flight back to London, they served a small meal which for me was falafel and chick pea salad and ..... wait for it ..... a chocolate brownie! I was a good girl and only ate half!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@PansyP - that too sounds Yummy. The Falafel and chick pea salad, how was your blood sugar then? Was it in range?

Reactions: 13lizanne

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@PansyP - that too sounds Yummy. The Falafel and chick pea salad, how was your blood sugar then? Was it in range?
Well the following day, fasting was up- 11.9!!! I wasn't though feeling well, slightly weepy and with no appetite! All I had was two cups of cocoa and a seeded oatcake!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
With all this talk about chocolate, I too must confess to having eaten a chocolate and walnut brownie on holiday AND a caramel magnum - it's the law! You have to eat ice-cream on holiday:rolleyes:

Reactions: Diamum5972

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the following day, fasting was up- 11.9!!! I wasn't though feeling well, slightly weepy and with no appetite! All I had was two cups of cocoa and a seeded oatcake!
PS I'm fine now. My fasting was 4.7 yesterday and 6.5 today!

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just having breakfast. A glorious sunny start and my fasting reading today was 4.5 so I am happy! Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Last edited:

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's a lovely sunny day today. I'm going to a spring fayre just round the corner from my mums today so it will be a lovely spring walk. I won't be indulging at the cake stall but I might bring back a little something for A. Red velvet cake is his favourite!

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
2/4 - Good Morning from an overcast York. Hope everyone is well and enjoy your Sunday :). Those who are ill? Hope you feel a bit better = Hugs to You :).

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Unbelievable! I woke up around 4.30 am with a hot back and tested my sugar - 3.7! I haven't had a hypo since last November ..... Why? Early breakfast then! Catch up with you all later! Have a good day!

Reactions: 13lizanne

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful Spring morning here in Central Scotland just off for our morning walk. Hope we all have a good day today with many happy moments

Reactions: ickihun and Books1

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning folks, I don't have anything planned today so I'm going to take advantage of the lovely spring sunshine. Hope everyone has a good day

Reactions: Books1