Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good luck A and friends, strength and luck for you Barbara @Diamum5972
Pleasant, sunny morning up here in Central Scotland. Wishing everyone a great day today

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Good luck A and friends, strength and luck for you Barbara @Diamum5972
Pleasant, sunny morning up here in Central Scotland. Wishing everyone a great day today
Unfortunately A still had an upset tummy yesterday but he's going to give it another go today. I just got back from Learn direct, I'm going to be starting a computer course in a couple of weeks. It's a daily course but only lasts about a month, and it will bring my IT skills up to scratch. Wish me luck!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Reactions: heh

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's bright but rather muggy here in the Midlands, let's hope the rain that's supposed to be coming later will clear the air

Reactions: Liam1955

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning everyone, we have a glorious sunny day here today. How is the weather where you are?

Reactions: ickihun

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone, we have a glorious sunny day here today. How is the weather where you are?
Morning Anna, it's lovely and sunny here too. The temperature is going up to 19 degrees later with a nice refreshing breeze :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Clear skies at 6am but clouds now, not rain clouds thou. :)

More clothes to wash but at least I can get them dry, fairly quickly. Awaiting mr ickihun to cut the grass underneath my airer first. Washer is on!

Waiting for people has become my new past-time. :(

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How is A now Barbara ? @Diamum5972
Thanks for asking Anna, he's better than he was although he is still not 100%. He's not eating as much as he used to because when he tries eating the same things as before it reminds him of when he was ill and it puts him off :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks for asking Anna, he's better than he was although he is still not 100%. He's not eating as much as he used to because when he tries eating the same things as before it reminds him of when he was ill and it puts him off :(
Poor A. I hope a new treat distracts him for a while and it then becomes easier? Or does he repel new treats too?

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, that's what happens alright. One of my friend's daughters would only eat lettuce leaves and yoghurt for months after a bout of illness, we just have to "enter their world" and be patient. Vicky's idea of a completely new food is a good one I think. Does A eat icecream? How about a mild flavour of ice cream or ice lolly. When D was experiencing similar I was happy to let him have "junk" like crisps and potato waffles until he was ready to eat something more nutritious. It's hard though, isn't it?
I'm existing on white toast and scrambled egg at the moment as the mega doses of antibiotics leave a permanent metallic taste in my mouth and also make me feel slightly nauseous too. Add to that, upset insides and I can honestly say that I fully empathise with your poor boy at the moment:hungover: I hope that he recovers soon - thinking of you both - Strength and Peace Barbara

Last edited:

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for your suggestions @ickihun and @13lizanne, it's nice to get other parents viewpoints! When we saw the doctor she said try eating small amounts of bland food, so he's been trying toasted chicken sandwiches which has been keeping him going for a few days. I think his anxiety is playing a big part as well, he has to sign on this Thursday but he's been too unwell to do his job search. The last time he was due to sign on I had to fill in a form declaring he was ill but any other periods of sickness have to be covered by a sick note. Back to the doctors I go!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks for your suggestions @ickihun and @13lizanne, it's nice to get other parents viewpoints! When we saw the doctor she said try eating small amounts of bland food, so he's been trying toasted chicken sandwiches which has been keeping him going for a few days. I think his anxiety is playing a big part as well, he has to sign on this Thursday but he's been too unwell to do his job search. The last time he was due to sign on I had to fill in a form declaring he was ill but any other periods of sickness have to be covered by a sick note. Back to the doctors I go!
What a ridicules process for A. Is this what this country has come to? I'm ashamed of our gov. What are they trying to prove?
In another thread in benefits, its noted how the government doesn't care about people who are really struggling or suffering due to THEIR goals.
I'll eat my hat if tories stay in. Its a disgrace!