Good news and a big thank you!

BIRCO

Hi,

Just got back from my first NHS clinic after getting diagnosed in July with type 2. I was off work for a month back then feeling terrible and had no idea what was wrong with me. The first week was hell in that I had all sorts of nasty symptoms (numbness in feet and arms, rapid heartbeat, drinking too much, stress, tiredness) and i was totally lost. My Dr told me too eat lots of fruit and healthily and my sugar levels went up 4 points after eating an apple! At this time my BG level was 19!

Help was at hand though as I found this forum and Daisy's initial advice saved me! I've been low carbing and exercising and just taking one met with dinner. I'm now at 6 (and I've lost 2.5 stones) and the nurse described it as miraculous!

Just like to say a big thank you to everyone at this site. I'd be lost without you and your initial help. so thanks to Daisy, Swimmer and everyone really.

Take care

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Great to see Daisy's advice as been helpful and well done on the weight loss :clap:

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
great news... I hope you told the nurse exactly how you'd done it and that it wasn't by following their deadly dietary advice...

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Great news BIRCO although as Paul says its a shame your nurse has to resort to claiming a miracle rather than understanding the real reason and all the hard work you've put in.

MaryJ

Well done birco.

Agree with xyzzy, no miracle, just a thirst for knowledge and a determination to change your diet to control your diabetes!

Keep it up

Mary xx