HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi
This evening I was test New method for remove carbs from white bread I think I succeed 70%

Meal was 53 grams of White bread but
Cooked in oil until the degree of redness

Before meal BG 120mg/dl
After 1 hour BG 122mg/dl
After 2 hour BG 149mg/dl
That mean deference 27mg/dl

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had some successes, and some failures, with "low-carb" bread.

At dietdoctor.com and other websites there are recipes using alternative ingredients such as almond flour with psyllium husk. I was able to make small keto bread buns (https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/the-keto-bread) but they are quite hard to get right, and often don't rise properly, or have other issues. You can also make garlic bread with a similar recipe. Baking an entire loaf with such a recipe is hard; it comes out all mealy and hard to eat, in my experience. Even my daughter, who is an expert baker, couldn't get it to come out right. The photos on dietdoctor look yummy and I wish I could get my bread to come out that way!!!

I have had much better luck with "keto seed crackers" which are great for spreading cheese or other foods on (https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-seed-crackers). My wife and I love these crackers and prepare several batches per week.

In the UK there is some kind of "protein bread" at the Tesco supermarket chain, which is often mentioned in this forum. I have not found this here in America yet.

But in the end I decided to give up bread, pretty much, apart from the "seed crackers" mentioned above and that is not really bread at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Finally my friend managed to eat bread without problems

Just note if you have an answer why it reached the highest score after two hours of eating
9758aa2665cd4bfa226dbe478fe9b5c4.jpg

This sounds more delicious

Last edited:

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finally my friend managed to eat bread with problems. Just note if you have an answer why it reached the highest score after two hours of eating

I don't use a meter and don't understand the numbers, so I can't help you with that. What I do know is that any bread made with grains is likely to be high-carb, so I gave up all bread, it was just simpler for me. If you can find bread that doesn't spike your BGs too much, all power to you!

I also almost completely gave up beer, which is basically liquid bread with a little bid of alcohol. This was much harder for me than giving up bread....

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I don't use a meter and don't understand the numbers, so I can't help you with that. What I do know is that any bread made with grains is likely to be high-carb, so I gave up all bread, it was just simpler for me. If you can find bread that doesn't spike your BGs too much, all power to you!

I also almost completely gave up beer, which is basically liquid bread with a little bid of alcohol. This was much harder for me than giving up bread....
Indeed, I have been abandoning it for a month I don't take it never only just testing