Good to Test When you are Tired

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
It's Friday afternoon and I'm very tired - almost snapped at a co-worker over something trivial - I'm usually a very calm laid back kind of guy. As it's two hours after lunch and I had a few extra carbs today - Pad Thai Chicken (Spicy) I thought - my BGs are probably higher than they should be - better test and perhaps give myself an extra shot - so I test myself and guess what - I'm not high at all - in the high 7s which is where I want to be 2 hours after eating - I'm just tired - so instead of an extra shot I'm drinking coffee Lol ...... The trials of a diabetic :)

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey. One time I feel totally normal at work then my coworker tells me to test coz its 2 hrs after meal. Its a busy day so I said later. 15mins later I see my hands shaking for some reason then I think No, I had more carbs than usual but lets be safe I go measure. My BG at 2,something... Freaked out, had I believe around 40g crabs to push my BG up. It didnt go high, just to normal safe zone with that amount I was a bit shocked. So um... yea. Good to check. Have a good day !

Janr20

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needlephobia giving insulin
It's Friday afternoon and I'm very tired - almost snapped at a co-worker over something trivial - I'm usually a very calm laid back kind of guy. As it's two hours after lunch and I had a few extra carbs today - Pad Thai Chicken (Spicy) I thought - my BGs are probably higher than they should be - better test and perhaps give myself an extra shot - so I test myself and guess what - I'm not high at all - in the high 7s which is where I want to be 2 hours after eating - I'm just tired - so instead of an extra shot I'm drinking coffee Lol ...... The trials of a diabetic :)
Totally agree felt like that a many time sometimes it's high BG other times it's low bg or just plain tired.Definitely a test of patience