Good!

markd

I'm glad to see this subforum appear.

Like some other members here, I tested just a fraction short of a 'formal' T2 diagnosis, but for all intents and purposes, decided to treat that as a full diagnosis and replan my lifestyle accordingly.

With substantial weightloss and more activity, I'm still almost (apart from the odd infection - but that probably hits non-diabetics too) always producing normal non-diabetic readings after 3.5 years.

Perhaps it would be helpful if more of us who have managed to wind the clock back a bit could post their experiences too.

mark

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I was diagnosed in April 2010, just slightly in the Type 2 range. While I hotly denied it :oops: , I had the sense to go straight back on to the low-carb diet which had suited me so well for weight loss 4 years previously, and which I knew would lower my BG.

This brought my blood glucose under control, and I am now frequently within the non-diabetic range. I eat low-carb for my BG, which has the welcome side-effect of weight loss, and am now comfortable with the diagnosis. I take Metformin as much to help with the weight loss as anything else. I've lost 4 stone so far, and have at least another 4 stone to go - but it will happen, and I'm not obsessing about it.

Maybe I've grown up at last! :shock: :lol:

Markd, your HbA1c figures are an inspiration!

Viv 8)