Gp worried about random sugar test, now I am worried.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
if ones thyroid gland does not work at all 50 micrograms of levothyroxine is also far too little..., a more relevant endingdose would be like 100 - 150 micrograms of levothyroxine...

http://www.globalrph.com/thyroid_calc.htm
I have increased to 75mg this weekend, I expect to need nearer 100mg or more until I feel well. That's why I am confused my GP wants to do even more tests.

Reactions: Freema

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When you are starting off taking thyroxine, particularly if your levels have dropped very low before diagnosis the dosage has to be increased slowly or you can experience such things as heart palpitations. I had several tests at - I believe 3 monthly intervals and the dose was put up each time until I reached 200 mgm then the tests were done at six monthly intervals for a couple of years and then annually. Once you are on the right dose it is simply a matter of taking the tablets and getting the tests done for the rest of your life. Usually that sorts the problem and there is no need to worry about it. Changes usually happen very slowly and the thyroxine is very long acting.

Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have increased to 75mg this weekend, I expect to need nearer 100mg or more until I feel well. That's why I am confused my GP wants to do even more tests.

Yes But GPs wants to raise it very slowly because it is best for other parts of the body to change levels more slowly and also easier to see when one reaches the right level , sometimes one only knows that after maybe 3 month on the same level or so . To older persons it can be hard for the heart to take a fast rise in levels and the more adding diseases the riskier . But What I would fear is that the GP is satisfied with a too low level ...
The ideal level is of TSH = T S H ideal 0.9- 1.0 so if he or she wants you on a much higher level than that I would not be satisfied myself unless having a heart condition or other servere healt problems , too High TSH is equal to too low levels of thyroid hormons and that in it self can cause depressions and Brain Fog and other mentally conditions of feeling bad well the opposit can also lead to mental problems as stress and fatigue

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Yes But GPs wants to raise it very slowly because it is best for other parts of the body to change levels more slowly and also easier to see when one reaches the right level , sometimes one only knows that after maybe 3 month on the same level or so . To older persons it can be hard for the heart to take a fast rise in levels and the more adding diseases the riskier . But What I would fear is that the GP is satisfied with a too low level ...
The ideal level is of TSH = T S H ideal 0.9- 1.0 so if he or she wants you on a much higher level than that I would not be satisfied myself unless having a heart condition or other servere healt problems , too High TSH is equal to too low levels of thyroid hormons and that in it self can cause depressions and Brain Fog and other mentally conditions of feeling bad well the opposit can also lead to mental problems as stress and fatigue
My TSH was 9.28 last May, it had climbed from 6 in the January and by May at 9.28 and FT4 around 15 (range 12-22) my GP trialed 25mg of levothyroxine. I stayed at that and in July the TSH had come down to 6 ish and my FT4 was around 16. GP was happy. He suggested an increase but I was afraid at the time so refused it, big mistake. September and TSH was 8, FT4 15 ish. He said I had to go to 50mg. I did and November bloods showed TSH was 2.6 and FT4 19. Happy so we stayed at 50mg for 10 weeks. I tested last week and TSH had risen again to 5.7 and FT4 dipped to 17. GP has now suggested 75mg which I have started.

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My TSH was 9.28 last May, it had climbed from 6 in the January and by May at 9.28 and FT4 around 15 (range 12-22) my GP trialed 25mg of levothyroxine. I stayed at that and in July the TSH had come down to 6 ish and my FT4 was around 16. GP was happy. He suggested an increase but I was afraid at the time so refused it, big mistake. September and TSH was 8, FT4 15 ish. He said I had to go to 50mg. I did and November bloods showed TSH was 2.6 and FT4 19. Happy so we stayed at 50mg for 10 weeks. I tested last week and TSH had risen again to 5.7 and FT4 dipped to 17. GP has now suggested 75mg which I have started.

Please write again when you have reached a level that is satisfying I would enjoy following your journey

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jingyd36 Do you have your results - TSH, T4 and T3? If you are not converting T4 to T3 you will feel very tired and walk around like a zombie.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do be guided by your test results on the thyroxine levels - you will find that the thyroid stimulating hormone is a very good indication of your requirements, and when it rises accepting a higher level of replacement is wise.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do be guided by your test results on the thyroxine levels - you will find that the thyroid stimulating hormone is a very good indication of your requirements, and when it rises accepting a higher level of replacement is wise.

there is a problem with metformin though , as metformin seems to lower/hinder the production of TSH without affecting the T4 and T3, so it will be more of a guesswork to find the optimal level if one is also on metformin

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2732148/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...rt-disease-thyroid-problems-experts-warn.html

Maggie/Magpie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Butternut Squash, Cabbage and confrontation.
Hi,
Have you considered it might not just been the thyroid? You said you had been depressed this can also cause chronic fatigue. Maybe the combination of the thyroid and depression may be the solution. As its been said a raised sugar level after eating a naked bar is probably nothing to worry about. I know diabetes causes tiredness but it's worth asking your GP whether it could just be the depression - I can sleep for up to 20 hours some days just with that blackened beast beside me. Give it some thought. Only if your agoraphobic and not enjoying life you may just need some antidepressant or if your already on one then having it tweaked or changed.
Good luck
Maggie

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
Have you considered it might not just been the thyroid? You said you had been depressed this can also cause chronic fatigue. Maybe the combination of the thyroid and depression may be the solution. As its been said a raised sugar level after eating a naked bar is probably nothing to worry about. I know diabetes causes tiredness but it's worth asking your GP whether it could just be the depression - I can sleep for up to 20 hours some days just with that blackened beast beside me. Give it some thought. Only if your agoraphobic and not enjoying life you may just need some antidepressant or if your already on one then having it tweaked or changed.
Good luck
Maggie

cronic fatigue and depression can come from being low in thyroid hormons if not treated...

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
@jingyd36 Do you have your results - TSH, T4 and T3? If you are not converting T4 to T3 you will feel very tired and walk around like a zombie.
Hi Carol

These are my thyroid results from the past 18 months. Sorry if it's long winded lol! I started on 75mg of levothyroxine 3 days ago. I started 25mg in May last year and 50mg as of September last year. Now up to 75.

August 2015

TSH 5.35 (0.35-5.5)

FT4 10.2 (7-17)

Ferritin 15 (started liquid iron, but had low ferritin for 10 years)

B12 - 212. (Told no need to supplement but I started Jarrow 1000mg)

January 2016

TSH 6.54 (0.2-4.)

FFT4 14.2 (12-22)

FT3 5.37 (3.1-6.8)

Anti- Thyroidperoxidase abs 11 <34

Anti-Thyroglobulin Abs <10.000 <115

March 2016

TSH 7.51 (0.2-4.)

FFT4 15.83 (12-22)

(strangely FT4 had risen along with TSH rising???)

FT3 5.56 (3.1-6.8)

B12 - 477

Ferritin 34.1

Anti- Thyroidperoxidase abs 10.7 <34

Anti-Thyroglobulin Abs <10.000 <115

May 2016

TSH 9.28 (0.2-4.)

FFT4 15.76 (12-22)

This is when I started a trial of levo 25mg., after this result.

July 2016

TSH 6.99 (0.2-4.)

FFT4 17.53 (12-22)

FT3 - 5.52

Anti- Thyroidperoxidase abs 12.2 <34

Anti-Thyroglobulin Abs 6.7 <115 (This had risen from <10.000???)

B12 - 1070

Ferritin 49

Folate - 17

Vitamin D - 75

September 2016

TSH - 7.95

FT4 16.42

I then increased to 50mg of Levo.

November 2016

TSH 2.66

FT4 18.72

FT3 5.06

I stayed on 50mg levo as instructed

January 2017

TSH 5.74

FT4 17.5

FT3 5.0

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi,
Good luck
Maggie
To be honest Maggie I am wondering if you're right. I think I am very depressed at the moment, the last year has turned my world upside down. Well the last 4 years haven't been easy since my grandmother passed in 2012 and my brother attacked me 3 months later and I lost my mother and sisters because of his behaviour and me not willing to forgive him again for hurting me and my family. I was resented and cut out. It's been awful and it led to severe anxiety and agoraphobia. I had therapy and went on Mirtzapine for anxiety, insomnia and i couldn't eat, I was painfully thin at 84lbs. I only went on 15mg but it helped and by summer 2014 I was out and about again feeling well. Then in the summer of 2016 I felt very fatigued, i couldn't work out why. That's when they ran tests and my thyroid was underactive (i posted my results above to Carol) but GP said it was fine. I continued to feel tired but I could push through just about. Then in November 2015 my son planted a bombshell that he wanted to give up, he was being badly bullied and crippled with panic attacks. He was 11. I was heartbroken to discover the bulling from primary school had continued. He became too afraid to got to school due to chronic panic attacks, school couldn't cope with it and were sending him home daily. During this time my daughter was ill for 3 months with infections and had 2 stays in hospital and during a blood test I had to have I had a severe panic attack in the nurses room. My GP referred my son to teh childrens mental health team who said I would be best to help him as I had experience of anxiety and they put him on a long waiting list. I was told to hide ties, knives etc... Horrific. I collapsed and was bed ridden with severe stress for 3 weeks. My GP came out and diagnosed stress, ran bloods (all normal) and told I needed rest and some support. I had none as my hubby was in a new job, he worked long hours and I had no family. Stupidly i went to my mother and called her, I asked her to support me and my son, she rejected me. I was heartbroken all over again. It was during all of this that I became VERY unwell with chronic fatigue and diagnosed with depression which they believed was situational.

I was having major energy crashes just doing housework, or if we did a family day out I'd be so weak on the way home and in bed for a day or 2 recovering. My GP said that was all anxiety related or I had chronic fatigue. It was these energy crashes that plagued me all year but my GP never ever took them seriously. I'd have 1 a week and on a day to day basis had chronic fatigue which I could manage by pacing myself. Then if I had a day of doing way too much housework, or we went out for too long I'd feel so weak and fatigued I'd have to rest. My mother still insisted on visiting the children once every 6 weeks or so, I'd allow it as the children missed her. I'd be polite and nice during her visits but once she left I'd be bed ridden for a day or 2. This still puzzles me why just seeing my mother or siblings lands me in bed with weak legs and fatigue? GP says emotional/anxiety come down.

I am depressed I can feel it. I laugh with my hubby and children. I smile alot but inside the level of faitgue makes me very low and I often take nothing in that my children say. I am listening but the brain fog doesn't let me take a word in, I am that exhausted and brain fogged. I cry alot when I am alone, I cry about how weak my legs are, I cry about the fatigue, I cry and feel fear about my GP constantly wanting to test more things. He last year even said I had depression and mood effects our energy. We then discovered I was underactive and put on thyroxine and now suddenly he wants to poke and prod and do more tests. In November he did a list of bloods as long as my body, he did loads and all ok. So I don't know what else he wants to test in just 2 weeks on an increase of thyroxine. I have just increased to 75mg 3 days ago.\

All of that causes me anxiety. I am anxious daily worried about why I feel so tired, why i have energy crashes if I go out, see my mother or overdo housework,. I worry what is wrong with me, is it something serious? is my high random sugar a worry? What if I never overcome this agoraphobia and can't attend my childrens graduations and weddings in the future. You name it i worry about it. All my anxiety and agoraphobia returned a year ago when my health isssues flared up and since then due to my health causing fatigue or maybe even the depression causing it, I am anxious and afraid to go out alone> I was back doing shops, walks, drives... now the most I can do is pick my kids up from school and even some days I can't do that if my faitgue is severe :-(

Can depression make you this tired do you think? I need to do an up to date depression test and speak to my GP. I don't feel suicidal or anyting like that, just very anxious, low and afraid of this fatigue and the constant worries about my health and future :-(

Sorry this got long, my heart just poured it all out.

Julie x

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Thank you.

I have posted my results above to Carol if interested.

I increased to 75mg 3 days ago as my TSH had come down to 2.6 but then rose to 5.7 so my GP increased my dose.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It took a long time for me to get a diagnosis for my defunct thyroid - and I felt dreadful during the previous years. A failing thyroid seems to really try to keep going as long as possible.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest Maggie I am wondering if you're right. I think I am very depressed at the moment, the last year has turned my world upside down. Well the last 4 years haven't been easy since my grandmother passed in 2012 and my brother attacked me 3 months later and I lost my mother and sisters because of his behaviour and me not willing to forgive him again for hurting me and my family. I was resented and cut out. It's been awful and it led to severe anxiety and agoraphobia. I had therapy and went on Mirtzapine for anxiety, insomnia and i couldn't eat, I was painfully thin at 84lbs. I only went on 15mg but it helped and by summer 2014 I was out and about again feeling well. Then in the summer of 2016 I felt very fatigued, i couldn't work out why. That's when they ran tests and my thyroid was underactive (i posted my results above to Carol) but GP said it was fine. I continued to feel tired but I could push through just about. Then in November 2015 my son planted a bombshell that he wanted to give up, he was being badly bullied and crippled with panic attacks. He was 11. I was heartbroken to discover the bulling from primary school had continued. He became too afraid to got to school due to chronic panic attacks, school couldn't cope with it and were sending him home daily. During this time my daughter was ill for 3 months with infections and had 2 stays in hospital and during a blood test I had to have I had a severe panic attack in the nurses room. My GP referred my son to teh childrens mental health team who said I would be best to help him as I had experience of anxiety and they put him on a long waiting list. I was told to hide ties, knives etc... Horrific. I collapsed and was bed ridden with severe stress for 3 weeks. My GP came out and diagnosed stress, ran bloods (all normal) and told I needed rest and some support. I had none as my hubby was in a new job, he worked long hours and I had no family. Stupidly i went to my mother and called her, I asked her to support me and my son, she rejected me. I was heartbroken all over again. It was during all of this that I became VERY unwell with chronic fatigue and diagnosed with depression which they believed was situational.

I was having major energy crashes just doing housework, or if we did a family day out I'd be so weak on the way home and in bed for a day or 2 recovering. My GP said that was all anxiety related or I had chronic fatigue. It was these energy crashes that plagued me all year but my GP never ever took them seriously. I'd have 1 a week and on a day to day basis had chronic fatigue which I could manage by pacing myself. Then if I had a day of doing way too much housework, or we went out for too long I'd feel so weak and fatigued I'd have to rest. My mother still insisted on visiting the children once every 6 weeks or so, I'd allow it as the children missed her. I'd be polite and nice during her visits but once she left I'd be bed ridden for a day or 2. This still puzzles me why just seeing my mother or siblings lands me in bed with weak legs and fatigue? GP says emotional/anxiety come down.

I am depressed I can feel it. I laugh with my hubby and children. I smile alot but inside the level of faitgue makes me very low and I often take nothing in that my children say. I am listening but the brain fog doesn't let me take a word in, I am that exhausted and brain fogged. I cry alot when I am alone, I cry about how weak my legs are, I cry about the fatigue, I cry and feel fear about my GP constantly wanting to test more things. He last year even said I had depression and mood effects our energy. We then discovered I was underactive and put on thyroxine and now suddenly he wants to poke and prod and do more tests. In November he did a list of bloods as long as my body, he did loads and all ok. So I don't know what else he wants to test in just 2 weeks on an increase of thyroxine. I have just increased to 75mg 3 days ago.\

All of that causes me anxiety. I am anxious daily worried about why I feel so tired, why i have energy crashes if I go out, see my mother or overdo housework,. I worry what is wrong with me, is it something serious? is my high random sugar a worry? What if I never overcome this agoraphobia and can't attend my childrens graduations and weddings in the future. You name it i worry about it. All my anxiety and agoraphobia returned a year ago when my health isssues flared up and since then due to my health causing fatigue or maybe even the depression causing it, I am anxious and afraid to go out alone> I was back doing shops, walks, drives... now the most I can do is pick my kids up from school and even some days I can't do that if my faitgue is severe :-(

Can depression make you this tired do you think? I need to do an up to date depression test and speak to my GP. I don't feel suicidal or anyting like that, just very anxious, low and afraid of this fatigue and the constant worries about my health and future :-(

Julie x

so sad you have so much to fight with and need to be a nursing and giving mother at the same time where you needed yourself to get time for rest and get a lot of love and support from your morther and siblings.. but it seems you come from a very dysfunctional Family yourself, so where should you get any supoort from then..

Don´t worry so much of what your GP does, he obviously wants to help you and there is no harm done in being thoroughly and rather do too many tests than too few..

Now concentrate on getting your metabolism up to the best level, and you´ll get at least a little more energy.
no Wonder if you also have a depression...with all what you have been and still are strugling with..

but it is NOT a problem to have a thorough GP... see that as a plus in your life instead of another worry..
it is not like your GP inventing diseases rather he excludes diseases..

try to get some support in here when you have adding worries... there are so many sweet people in here

wish you all the best ... ps. I used to be totally overwhelmed by all the housework and caring too when being depressed... that is unfortunately normal when being depressed , but don´t be hard on yourself on top of that... be kind to yourself and also to your closest ... ad give yourself time to get better sometimes it takes more than half a year to get up from a very depressed state

Last edited:

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jingyd36 - it looks like you are not converting T4 to T3, no wonder you feel so bad. If you go to HealthUnlocked forum website (they are very helpful) they will give you a list of Endocrinologists who are willing to treat you privately. The NHS will NOT treat you. I am seeing a private Endocrinologist at the moment.

Maggie/Magpie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Butternut Squash, Cabbage and confrontation.

Julie x

Hi Julie,

You've had such a tough four years it's no wonder you are feeling so low. I think it could well be depression or at least a combination of Chronic fatigue and depression but I'm no Doctor.

You said you weren't suicidal which is good, but you can still be depressed with out suicidal thoughts. There are various degrees of depression, I'm a severe depressive, but if you have CFS as well you might not be so bad but it's the combination of the two that is making everything so difficult for you. I react to things and problems around me but my main primary issues evolves around my children and the fear of rejection by them, that all stems from events that occurred twelve years ago and continues to plague me (but I wont go into that here), knowing that doesn't make it any easier to deal with because I believe I've been a depressive since I was eight. Like you I'm a worrier so I know how difficult it can be, I think its something your either prone to or your not.

Please don't worry too much about the children's graduation and things like that, you will go because you won't like to disappoint them or miss the proceedings no matter what it does to you personally afterwards. You will find the strength to do it because you have to and because if I can do it so can you. I'm convinced, to have gone through so much and still come out the other side you must be a strong willed caring person like me. I've been told many times that there is a trait with depression that it tends to affect those who are caring, gentle, creative people, whether their just telling me that to make me feel better I don't know but I cling on to that some times, it's a comfort some how, maybe you could do the same.

Have a look on the NHS or MIND websites about depression to find out the symptoms etc to see if it fit's how you feel now. If it does have a discussion with your Doctor, ask the question of him and see if he agree's with you being depressed. Maybe going back onto an antidepressant for a while may help. Also ask him about trying one of the talking therapies that's available like cognitive behavioral therapy, it work's for some. Or try some mindfulness, it may distract your thought's and mind for a while if nothing else.

See the test's your GP wants to perform as a good thing, for often by ruling things out it high light's the true issues. It's a process of elimination some times, if you work out what it isn't then what your left with is inevitably what you have, if that makes sense? So please see it as him helping and not sending you for some form of torture.

I hope some of this rambling makes sence.
Let us know how you get on. Good Luck.
Maggie

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
@jingyd36 - it looks like you are not converting T4 to T3, no wonder you feel so bad. If you go to HealthUnlocked forum website (they are very helpful) they will give you a list of Endocrinologists who are willing to treat you privately. The NHS will NOT treat you. I am seeing a private Endocrinologist at the moment.
Thank you Carol.

Is it because my FT4 or FT3 is low? I use Health Unlocked, they're a great bunch on Thyroid UK.

Thank you.

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi Julie,

You've had such a tough four years it's no wonder you are feeling so low. I think it could well be depression or at least a combination of Chronic fatigue and depression but I'm no Doctor.

You said you weren't suicidal which is good, but you can still be depressed with out suicidal thoughts. There are various degrees of depression, I'm a severe depressive, but if you have CFS as well you might not be so bad but it's the combination of the two that is making everything so difficult for you. I react to things and problems around me but my main primary issues evolves around my children and the fear of rejection by them, that all stems from events that occurred twelve years ago and continues to plague me (but I wont go into that here), knowing that doesn't make it any easier to deal with because I believe I've been a depressive since I was eight. Like you I'm a worrier so I know how difficult it can be, I think its something your either prone to or your not.

Please don't worry too much about the children's graduation and things like that, you will go because you won't like to disappoint them or miss the proceedings no matter what it does to you personally afterwards. You will find the strength to do it because you have to and because if I can do it so can you. I'm convinced, to have gone through so much and still come out the other side you must be a strong willed caring person like me. I've been told many times that there is a trait with depression that it tends to affect those who are caring, gentle, creative people, whether their just telling me that to make me feel better I don't know but I cling on to that some times, it's a comfort some how, maybe you could do the same.

Have a look on the NHS or MIND websites about depression to find out the symptoms etc to see if it fit's how you feel now. If it does have a discussion with your Doctor, ask the question of him and see if he agree's with you being depressed. Maybe going back onto an antidepressant for a while may help. Also ask him about trying one of the talking therapies that's available like cognitive behavioral therapy, it work's for some. Or try some mindfulness, it may distract your thought's and mind for a while if nothing else.

See the test's your GP wants to perform as a good thing, for often by ruling things out it high light's the true issues. It's a process of elimination some times, if you work out what it isn't then what your left with is inevitably what you have, if that makes sense? So please see it as him helping and not sending you for some form of torture.

I hope some of this rambling makes sence.
Let us know how you get on. Good Luck.
Maggie

Thank you Maggie

I just wonder whether depression can cause such awful fatigue and body weakness, is that what you have experienced?

I do have chronic fatigue but my GP won't diagnose it and can't with my bloods showing I have a thyroid condition. I think I do have CFS on top but it's not something that's ever been diagnosed officially although 2 GP's have suggested it.

I think my thyroid does add to it and causes alot of why I am fatigued but I do think I am depressed, who wouldn't be after the 4 years I have been dealt. My GP diagnosed mild depression 4 years ago but said it was situational and said the same again last year. I did the Goldberg depression test last night and scored 43 so moderate to severe. I am speaking to my GP either Friday or Monday and I will bring this up. I am still on mirtazapine 15mg, have been 3 years for my anxiety and sleep, so whether he will want to increase it I'm not sure.I am jhaving private therapy again, 2 sessions in with a lady I used to see so at least that's a support right now. I think the last year has worn me down and I am now depressed. I need some support.

Thank you for your help.

Julie

jingyd36

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
so sad you have so much to fight with and need to be a nursing and giving mother at the same time where you needed yourself to get time for rest and get a lot of love and support from your morther and siblings.. but it seems you come from a very dysfunctional Family yourself, so where should you get any supoort from then..

Don´t worry so much of what your GP does, he obviously wants to help you and there is no harm done in being thoroughly and rather do too many tests than too few..

Now concentrate on getting your metabolism up to the best level, and you´ll get at least a little more energy.
no Wonder if you also have a depression...with all what you have been and still are strugling with..

but it is NOT a problem to have a thorough GP... see that as a plus in your life instead of another worry..
it is not like your GP inventing diseases rather he excludes diseases..

try to get some support in here when you have adding worries... there are so many sweet people in here

wish you all the best ... ps. I used to be totally overwhelmed by all the housework and caring too when being depressed... that is unfortunately normal when being depressed , but don´t be hard on yourself on top of that... be kind to yourself and also to your closest ... ad give yourself time to get better sometimes it takes more than half a year to get up from a very depressed state
Thank you

That is exactly how I feel. I have had nowhere to turn and coped the last 4 years with just my hubby and kids. He works full tme so the last year being so ill myself has been hard and I think I am now depressed. I have no mother to turn to, I have no direction in which to turn which has caused me to resent her more so and makes it too difficult for me to see her right now when she wants to visit the children :-(

I feel I have to be a good mum and beat myself up daily because I feel I'm not a good mother being like this. I am so upset as I overcame anxiety and agoraphobia 2 years ago after the attack in 2012. I worked hard and overcame it. Then this ill health and fatigue hit and I was set right back. I feel a totally awful mother.

I am just devastated. Before November I was out walking my dog again, exposure work in shops and I mean huge shops again. I was able to go out and not have severe fatigue afterwards. Life was improving, then December hit and past memories of awful Christmas's as my family turned up 2 years on the trot Christmas Eve hurling abuse at me blaming me for my brothers suicidal state because he felt guilty for what he had done to me
sad.gif
So I fear Christmas, I fear seeing my mother and sisters, the fears what if my health relapsed and WHAM I had a huge panic attack at the beginning of December and my anxiety rocketed, the social anxiety did too and my health worsened. I felt weak every day in my legs, so weak I'd struggle to walk around the house, bad nausea, panic attacks, always crying.... I knew I was depressed and it seemed to hit from nowhere. During this time my thyroid obviously worsened and a blood test has shown that and now I am on an increase.

I keep going, I work hard every day but right now with this virus hitting me hard and making my regular fatigue much worse I feel defeated. I did a depression test last night which is brave of me as I hate them. I scored 43, it was the Goldberg test. I have never ever scored that before. I will speak to my GP Friday and discuss this with him. I am seeing a therapist, I am doing my second session tomorrow. It's a lady I used to see so at least I don't have to dig up all the old trauma again.

My hubby is great, he works long hours so we get little time together, weekends are busy with 3 kids so i am used to just coping with it by myself I guess which I admit is hard going. All of last year chronically unwell with fatigue and weakness I had to keep going,i never once asked him to take time off. I won't do that as I see it as a sign of weakness and I am used to coping alone but it does take its toll. He helps me get over my fears, in the summer i avoided driving as the kids were home for 6 weeks, September was a shock having to do the drive daily again so for weeks beforehand he would come with me in the car and we would drive a little further each day until I got used to it. We plan on doing that again but I am so upset I am having to start over with it, Last week driving my kids to school I wasn't well with this virus and I had a panic attack driving and I had a dizzy spell, and now i can't drive again. I am still full of the virus and fatigued more than usual. I feel I am letting my children down. I fear I am less of a wife and mother being this way and I am in too bad a place to ever recover. I have admitted it's not just anxiety and agoraphobia I am dealing with, I have to accept it's depression to and my GP told me last year it was mild depression due to my ill health but I think it's more than that now and depression is a symptom of thyroid conditions.

My GP is great, he just worries me doing more and more tests. He ran so many in November and all ok. He said I was fine and now suddenly he wants to run more tests and is suggesting diabetes. I just can't cope with it all and feel overwhelmed :-(

Thank you for being so kind. I bet I sound a total loony lol! This board is for diabetics and here I am offloading about my problems, sorry.

Julie x