Gratefull

ilan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Four months ago I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic with a reading of 48 I had a triple bypass Five years ago and have been on statins for 10 + years . However I have seen this diagnosis as a big positive. thanks to this forum and various searches I have switched to a low gi diet I have taken a intrest in what I eat. forget the low fat every thing I had blue cheese for the first time in years full fat natural yougurt and are now exploring the vast range of artisan cheeses , I have increased my seafood consumption to Four or five times a week And i started to visit the local polish shop and explore the range of pickle they do Love saurkraut etc And now i dont drink beer but found a couple of local cider producers Still very dry farm house style that seems to be a cross between cider and vinigar a wine glass full a day should help the colesterol . Breakfasts now are natural yougart and a few fresh fruits from the garden Whilst for exercise I have dug out a few vegetable patches and have tomatoes beans and onions growing Talked to the Dr and reluctantly he has halved the dose of statins and having lost a stone in weight I feel so much better . Keep looking at the tofu and bean curd must try these soon

Reactions: AloeSvea

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Four months ago I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic with a reading of 48 I had a triple bypass Five years ago and have been on statins for 10 + years . However I have seen this diagnosis as a big positive. thanks to this forum and various searches I have switched to a low gi diet I have taken a intrest in what I eat. forget the low fat every thing I had blue cheese for the first time in years full fat natural yougurt and are now exploring the vast range of artisan cheeses , I have increased my seafood consumption to Four or five times a week And i started to visit the local polish shop and explore the range of pickle they do Love saurkraut etc And now i dont drink beer but found a couple of local cider producers Still very dry farm house style that seems to be a cross between cider and vinigar a wine glass full a day should help the colesterol . Breakfasts now are natural yougart and a few fresh fruits from the garden Whilst for exercise I have dug out a few vegetable patches and have tomatoes beans and onions growing Talked to the Dr and reluctantly he has halved the dose of statins and having lost a stone in weight I feel so much better . Keep looking at the tofu and bean curd must try these soon
Very well done, you seem to be enjoying life after a few bumps in the road.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm a bit newer to this diabetes lark than you but I agree. Every cloud eh? I have strawberries and extra thick cream everyday! :)

Voodoorising

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also love Strawberries , raspberries, blueberries and extra thick cream, I usually have them 2 hours after I have eaten my evening meal watching TV.

Reactions: ickihun and Guzzler

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I recommend growing courgettes - if they get going well they make something like a small jungle, just how large they will get with global warming taken into account is anyone's guess.

ilan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Strange you should say that lunch today was courgett baby pea pods babycarrots and swiss chard all from the garden along with an onion and mushrooms all fried down in olive oil topped with two soft boiled eggs laid on Sunday from a neibour food for a king !!

Reactions: ickihun