Graze boxes

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
Has anyone here tried Graze - http://graze.com/?

It's basically a combo of snacks that you can choose and get delivered to your house. Thought it might be good for snacking on in the day so I joined up... but having trouble to find anything delicious that I like without the high carbs... does anyone have any suggestions for snacks from there if you use it already?

PS. If you don't have one but are going to get one you can use code CL95XPH and you get a free box + I get £1 off my next box! :) x

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried a few, but mostly it is just nuts you can eat as the rest are quite carby.
They also seem expensive for what you get compared to bags of buts and snacks from the supermarkets etc. in my opinion.
It's a good idea but they need to work on low carb options more I think.

Regards
Angie

l0vaduck

I use these. On the website you can specify certain ingredients that you don't want, such as dried fruit and chocolate, although I found that there were a few of the ones with small amounts of fruit which didn't spike me. On the website you can see the carb content of each snack and decide what your threshold is and "dislike" the ones which are too high. My personal favourite are the smoked cashews.

While it's true that they work out more expensive than buying the same ingredients in bigger packets, there are a few major advantages in my book which make it worthwhile:

- the small portion size makes it easier to control - if I had a big bag of nuts and was eating it while at work I would quite easily polish off far more than is good for my digestion or my waistline
- the small portion size means you can have a bigger variety of snacks on the go
- they stay fresh because they're sealed up
- there's the surprise element - you don't know what you're going to get in each box which makes it a bit more of a treat in my opinion.

For people with more willpower than me then they're not worthwhile and there are much cheaper ways of getting snacks.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used these a few years ago, went anything would pass my lips, they were nice. But know too much carry things, and really expensive compared to buying it all separate and in bigger bags.

glucosegirl

Dislikes
diabetes
I was going to order one of these as they look really nice but I couldn't find the carb content of any their products. I emailed the company too but they were unable to tell me the nutritional information.

l0vaduck

glucosegirl said:
I was going to order one of these as they look really nice but I couldn't find the carb content of any their products. I emailed the company too but they were unable to tell me the nutritional information.

They have improved since then. If you go on their website and want to check the nutritional content of a snack, click on the image of the snack and a box pops up (make sure you aren't blocking pop-ups). At the top left is a link called "nutritional information".

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hate throwing containers and pots away so tend to hoard various vessels! :lol:
If I take nuts as a snack anywhere I tend to fill one of the little Benecol Cholesterol bottles with a mixture of almonds, brazils, walnuts and hazelnuts. This gives a nice portion size and stops me pigging out as I would if I took a big bag anywhere :oops:

Regards
Angie

glucosegirl

Dislikes
diabetes
l0vaduck said:
glucosegirl said:

They have improved since then. If you go on their website and want to check the nutritional content of a snack, click on the image of the snack and a box pops up (make sure you aren't blocking pop-ups). At the top left is a link called "nutritional information".

I checked the website but when I click on the image of the snack all it gives me is a list of the ingredients. Am I looking in the wrong place? I need the nutritional information.Specifically the carbohydrate content of the snacks.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Is the £3.89 just an introductory price for the graze box or does it sell for this price all the time, just wondering how it would compare with buying your own seeds and nuts in bulk from say Holland & Barrett.....who incidentally have a buy one get one half price offer at the moment.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
noblehead said:
Is the £3.89 just an introductory price for the graze box or does it sell for this price all the time, just wondering how it would compare with buying your own seeds and nuts in bulk from say Holland & Barrett.....who incidentally have a buy one get one half price offer at the moment.

It works out a lot more expensive, as this is per box based on 1 a week. Auto delivered.

notafanofsugar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
everything good for me! getting better though x
glucosegirl said:

I've had a few boxes and they give you a little slip with all the nutritional information in, so they must have it! :)

I can scan one of the leaflets I got and post it here if you like GlucoseGirl? x

l0vaduck

glucosegirl said:
l0vaduck said:
glucosegirl said:

I checked the website but when I click on the image of the snack all it gives me is a list of the ingredients. Am I looking in the wrong place? I need the nutritional information.Specifically the carbohydrate content of the snacks.

The ingredients are at the bottom of the window. Nutritional info is top left - I'm looking at the UK site.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
BioHaZarD said:
noblehead said:

It works out a lot more expensive, as this is per box based on 1 a week. Auto delivered.

Still if people are unable to get to supermarkets or health stores due to location or disability then I think the product is fairly priced.

l0vaduck

I have found that the ingredients used are usually superior to anything I've bought in a health food shop - I think they're fresher.

glucosegirl

Dislikes
diabetes
notafanofsugar said:
I've had a few boxes and they give you a little slip with all the nutritional information in, so they must have it!

I can scan one of the leaflets I got and post it here if you like GlucoseGirl? x

Thanks! That would be great!

l0vaduck

glucosegirl said:
notafanofsugar said:
I've had a few boxes and they give you a little slip with all the nutritional information in, so they must have it!

Thanks! That would be great!

Incidentally, I have found that if I follow the carbs information on the leaflets I invariably go low. I think they are overestimated. I tend as a result to only dose for the sugar content and this seems to work better. Mind you I don't go for any of the bready or cracker type snacks. Recently they have started doing little squares of cake. I thought that would be out, but they are only about 10g carbs - really good portion control - there's no way I could buy or make a cake and then eat 10g of carbs worth, plus the rest would go stale!

I'm still wondering why you can't see the nutritional info on the website as for me when I click on the image a pop-up window comes up and a the top left of the window there is a link saying "nutritional info". Maybe you have to be logged in as a registered user?