Green soya edamame beans

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
The USDA food database lists edamame has having 15.4 grams of carb, 8.1 of which are fiber, in a cup (155 grams).

ChocFish

Hi bronte
edamame beans are lovely, pity I dont have any at home right now I fancy some, grrrr

Here is some info:
What is Edamame? (pronounced ed-ah-mah-may) Soya beans are usually harvested at the end of their life cycle and after they have dried in the pod. Edamame is harvested early like baby sweet corn cobs, while the beans are still immature. Removed from their pods and cooked gently, the small green beans have a unique taste and texture and make a delicious accompaniment to any meal. Alternatively, they work well cold in a fresh salad.
Serving Suggestion
Delicious tossed in melted butter and seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.
Cooking Instructions
For best results cook from frozen. Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the Edamame. Season to taste, return to boil and simmer for about 5 minutes. Drain well and serve. Can also be microwaved.
Nutritional Information
per 100g:
Energy 549kJ/130kcal, Protein 14g, Carbohydrate 10g (of which sugars 1.5g), Fat 3.8g (of which saturates 0g), Fibre 7g, Sodium <0.1g.
Dairy Free Less than 5% fat

All the best

Karen

bronte

Thank you. I have some in a tin and some frozen in the pods. Do I eat the pods as well, parden my ignorance. I got these in London the other day. Can you buy them by mail order do you know please?
Thanks

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
First of all I don't think it is very easy to find them fresh in the UK (although you might be lucky if you have access to a good Asian supermarket or local fruit and vegetable market).

However some of the big supermarkets have started selling them frozen. You will have to check them out.

Ken.

suginami

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eat edamame regularly here in Tokyo. Bar snacks. Frozen are good too.

B

badcat