Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
went to slimming world last night with very swollen feet
stood on the scales and 5 1/2lb on
normally i blind weigh and its written in my book so i can decide if and when i look, but i knew it would be a gain so didnt blind weigh
anyhow i got my 12 week journal so i can log my glucose results before and after foods and keep track of wha i can and cant eat
took 2 furusomide so will have a fun day up and down the stairs and lots of fluids
i know it wasnt all water as i had all them white rolls saturday but the water did have a lot to do with it

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
went to slimming world last night with very swollen feet
stood on the scales and 5 1/2lb on
normally i blind weigh and its written in my book so i can decide if and when i look, but i knew it would be a gain so didnt blind weigh
anyhow i got my 12 week journal so i can log my glucose results before and after foods and keep track of wha i can and cant eat
took 2 furusomide so will have a fun day up and down the stairs and lots of fluids
i know it wasnt all water as i had all them white rolls saturday but the water did have a lot to do with it
Don't lose help just yet @licklemoose. You may be retaining fluid for whatever reason. Sometimes stress can cause fluid retention, other times it sheds fluid. Stay with the program and see how you fair.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
Don't lose help just yet @licklemoose. You may be retaining fluid for whatever reason. Sometimes stress can cause fluid retention, other times it sheds fluid. Stay with the program and see how you fair.
im badly retaining fluid at the moment, just waiting on a call from dr now as in the evening it really hurts to walk and my feet feel really bruised, im taking 40mg furusemide and its not helping :(

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can (or do) you rest with your feet up high (" higher than your bum" as my GP so charmingly puts it)? This often helps a bit by draining some fluid back out again.

Robbity

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
Can (or do) you rest with your feet up high (" higher than your bum" as my GP so charmingly puts it)? This often helps a bit by draining some fluid back out again.

Robbity
no but i can start, im so desperate ill do anything
dr should be calling me tomorrow with blood results so will see what she suggests