Guys if i stop insulin what will happen ????? Or should i re

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sameer

Guys i think my insulin is making me sick so giys if i stop insulin what will happen because from tommorow i am stopping my insulin .... Guys i need input pls help me and advice me ......
Do u think my sugar level will go up ....
Actually i want to set my insulin levels again .... So i am stopping it or should i reduce it to good level .....
I really dont know i think too much insulin in my body making me sick !!!!!!

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys
Sent using Ipad .

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Re: Guys if i stop insulin what will happen ????? Or should

Sameer, I think you need to talk to a doctor. It appears you're struggling at present but your doctor can advise you better than we can ! Good luck !

iHs

Sameer

There is a reason why your doctor prescribed insulin for you to use. It is because your blood sugar levels went very high and you were in danger of dying.

Do you not think it is a bit silly of you to contemplate stopping it? What do you think will happen to you if you stop?

If you are having hypo feelings, its either because you are not eating enough carbohydrate at set meal times or if you are eating correctly, maybe the insulin doseage needs to adjusted. What you must not do if you want to live, is stop insulin.

Sameer

I really dont know , yes i want to lower my dose

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/insulin-resistance.html

What is that i am having brain fog !!! Difficulty in concentration pla guide !!!

Newly daignosed , novomix 30 , 21units in morning and 17 at night , have issues in eating and sleeping pls help me , why my morning BS is always high ???? Late night eating is the problem , so please help me guys
Sent using Ipad .

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

Sameer, a word of advice. DO NOT try to find out what will happen. Take your medication and consult your doctor or diabetes centre. I wish I didn't have the medication I'm on, 30 tablets a day and 2 insulin inections, but if I just stopped taking it I'd become very ill very quickly. The medical care team are there for a reason. If you are experiencing uncomfortable side-effects, maybe your medication can be changed or adjusted to suit you. Don't be hasty and make an appointment tomorrow as soon as you can. Don't let diabetes defeat you. Stick with your professional medical teams advice, either GP or diabetic team. They'll be able to help you, do not despair, they WILL help you. Be strong, man, stay with it until you get further advice. Don't give up.
Mart.

Embabe25

Don't stop taking your insulin whatever you do! You will become even more ill! My insulin was stopped a few years ago as the docs thought I was type 2. Within a few weeks I was in hospital! I felt awful and it took a week in hospital for the docs to sort things out.

Before I was diagnosed a friend of mine was never really good at taking his insulin. He got the flu and didn't take his insulin. He went to sleep and never woke up. It took 3 days without insulin and he died. He was 30 years old.

Speak to your diabetic team. Maybe you can get the type of insulin changed. Novomix might not be for you

Emily
Type 1 for 3 years
Humilin S and Lantus

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sameer

No i mean if i stop anf if my BS rises than i will start it
I have doubt that the bs will not rise
How a person dies ???
If my bs rises as i stopped i will start using what u guys say ???

Sent using Ipad .

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

We guys say see your doctor !

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Sameer, from your other posts you are recently diagnosed aren't you? You are probably in the honeymoon period where your pancreas produces insulin for a while before finally giving up. This will cause more hypos. Normally doctors will tell you to reduce your insulin during this time. Please contact them as you obviously have a lot of questions and clearly need a lot if support.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

SamJB is right. I am in the honeymoon period too and I take 12units a day TOTAL on average. That's a tiny amount compared to you. It means I get into the region of 4mmol/l but don't usually go below that unless I've counted my carbs incorrectly.

The novomix regime you're on requires you to eat a certain amount of carbohydrate to maintain steady BG. If you don't want to eat more regularly maybe you should switch to a basal bolus regime which gives more flexibility in meals. This is something you should discuss with your doctor

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Speak to your doctor as soon as possible. It is all scary and confusing when first diagnosed. You learn more everyday and will become more confident and comfortable with it. Take the help that is available from your doctor. You are more than likely in honeymoon phase but even so it is either too much insulin or not enough food as everyone has mentioned. Try not to panic and explain your concerns to your doctor.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

From previous regular daily posts I'm wondering if this is a WUM or attention seeker. Everyday the same stuff over and over. We'll see. Sameer. If you have any sense you've made an appointment already, if not you'll start a new thread today saying what now. Get your ass in gear son! Everyone's told you what to do and you seem to want to do the opposite. Get to the docs, pronto.

Embabe25

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-comp ... dosis.html

This is what will happen if you stop taking your insulin! I cannot stress how important it is that you do not stop taking your meds!

I've had diabetes for 3 years! I am poorly controlled and can't get my head round it at all! But we are going to have this disease for the rest of our lives. So I don't expect to get it under control for a while. You do need to change your whole lifestyle and I'm having a problem with that.

I found this post while treating a 3am hypo. Bs was 1.9. Drives me nuts!

The guys on this forum are the best! You might feel alone wondering why you got this disease but know that everyone here knows how you feel. We are all living with it. Some better than others but don't get too stressed about it and see your diabetic doctor or nurse. Tell them your worries and they will help you.

Embabe25

martwolves said:
From previous regular daily posts I'm wondering if this is a WUM or attention seeker. Everyday the same stuff over and over. We'll see. Sameer. If you have any sense you've made an appointment already, if not you'll start a new thread today saying what now. Get your ass in gear son! Everyone's told you what to do and you seem to want to do the opposite. Get to the docs, pronto.

Yeah was wondering the same but didn't have the balls to call him out!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Embabe25 said:
I found this post while treating a 3am hypo. Bs was 1.9. Drives me nuts!

BS at 1.9!!!! I couldn't even imagine that! 3.8 gives me the shakes!

Embabe25

Lol. It's weird. I shake at the 3 mark but when it's drops below 2 I can't see properly I don't shake though. I thought the lowest I'd been was 1.3 a few weeks ago but I found an old book yesterday and saw I had a 1.1!!!!

Sameer

I am feeling ok
I have not taken it 6 hours ago !!

Sent using Ipad .

Elc1112

Sameer. You will make yourself very ill if you just stop taking your insulin. Your sugar levels will rise, you'll start to feel very thirsty, weak, tired and generally groggy. You'll probably start to feel quite sick too.

I don't understand why you are doing this against your doctor's advice? You've been out on insulin for a very good reason - to keep you alive.

In one post you say that you think your insulin is making you sick. In another you say you are waking up with high blood sugars. You also say that you are having too many hypos. It sounds like your sugars are all over the place. That is probably why you feel unwell. If you want to get things under control then you need to take your insulin. Simple. Believe me, I don't particularly like injecting myself four times day but it keeps me alive!

You've asked people what will happen if you stop taking insulin. People have told you the danger you are putting yourself in by doing this. No doubt your doctor has told you the same. You've chosen to ignore all of this and just stop injecting. There are people who have been on this forum, like me, who have been diabetic for many years. We know how ill we become if our sugars are uncontrolled.

I appreciate that you are not feeling well and that the diabetes is new to you, but I think you are being incredibly reckless. Talk to a doctor, talk to somebody who understands diabetes and insulin requirements. In sorry if I am being harsh, but you need to realise what you're doing to yourself and sort it out.

Sameer

Its been 2 days and my reading are normal why ????

Sent using Ipad .

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

If you stop your insulin you will feel a lot more unwell than you do now, I have read everyones replies to your threads and it seem as though your not taking no notice of anyones advice. If you don't know what to do speak to your doctor, i can assure you he will NOT advise you to stop taking your insulin, it was given to you for a reason and Diabetes is not going to go away and disappear.

tracey167

Status
Not open for further replies.