Guys if i stop insulin what will happen ????? Or should i re

Status
Not open for further replies.

big mac

Dislikes
tailgaters
Re: Guys if i stop insulin what will happen ????? Or should

Hi, do not stop taking your insulin. talk to your doctor and find an insulin which doesn`t make you ill.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

Lindsay, I echo Mo's sentiments. It can't have been easy to share something so personal. Thank you for doing so though! This is the strongest message to all as to why we should stick to our meds, bothersome as they are, they are trifling in comparison to just one of the many complications that follow if we were to stop. I'm so glad to have read this as I'm sure many others will and heed your advice.
Thanks again and all the very best!

Mart.

Sameer

Thank you all !!

I am going to another doctor in 3 to 4 days !!!

I really want to thank you all for advising and teaching me !

I will go to another doctor and will tell him exactly what I m feeling !!!

Really thank you all !!!

Setting my dose of novomix 30 !!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

Sameer, if you read nothing else on this forum ever again, and if you have read it again. Linsays post says everything I could ever wish to say and I'm moved by her bravery to post this when so many people have given up you, me included. If you have any further questions, pretty much everything diabetes related is captured in this thread. I hope you do well and hope you understand why I'm going. Listen, read again! It's ALL here for you. I wish you no ill. Maybe if you get better, we will be friends. You worry me.

Read Linsays post again and read this, "one day at a time". Man up sammy, you're a father and husband. WAKE UP"

Bye

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

Wow Lindsey, powerful stuff, (((hugs)))

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sameer

Thank you Lindsay 23 !!

Setting my dose of novomix 30 !!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Dear diabetes people

Currently only 64 people have responded to the best, most important post on this website.... Driving licence suspended"

Lets get real here... This Sameer is not genuine, he is an attention seeker. Please stop wasting time on this chap and direct your attention to a person, and ALL insulin taking drivers.. And support a worthy person who is trying his damndest to help ALL the people that drive and take insulin.

Sameer does not accept any good advice.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes

I have given up. I'm too afraid to send my license off, so Sue and my daughter drive me places. Otherwise I have a west midlands trains, buses and trams card. I won' drive again, probably. It's better anyway health-wise, love. It's not worth the arseache to be honest.

All the best, I'm not disparaging but know the DVLA will withold my licence and it does pi$$ me right off, but I'm happier for it tbh. X

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I've not had an issue getting my license reissued, guess I'm lucky!

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes

Cool, I don't want to take the risk...

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

martwolves said:
Cool, I don't want to take the risk...

I can understand why! If I had no license I couldn't function. It had just never occurred to me when I did it that it wouldn't be reissued

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Lindsay, thank you for your brave post. I wish it wasn't on this long thread as I think it's a really important one that many people should read.
dd
I have answered the driving post on another forum. (I don't have a UK driving licence in any case )

Sameer, I'm glad that you are going to get some more medical advice. There is a limit to what we can suggest here because we don't see you, know your history and we aren't doctors. Tell the new doctor everything, give him your records. (glucose levels/meals/times etc)

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes

Phoenix - thanks.that is all

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Sorry to hijack-but to me.... I have to try and spend my time supporting a genuine, caring and needing our full support.... "driving licence suspended" posting.
Please can everybody that is trying to advise Sameer also look at this post.

Many, many type's 2's end up with hypo inducing insulin. All type 1's with driving licences seriously need to support this other most worthy post.

Sameer has taken a lot of energy and support.. And UK Diabetic drivers also need support...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

On April 21st joeyt74 posted an emotional and touching poem

he had only 1 response, I don't even know if he's been back

says it all doesn't it? members may bleet about threads and posts on certain topics, but where were those members who could of taken the time to respond to joeyt74 thread? he had, I think, about 94 views :eh: sad and this is just an example.

RRB

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

I fear that Sameer will not take any advice from his new doctor.. But I bowed out from trying to help a long rime ago, as I just felt I was talking to nyself.

I try to log on to 'unanswered posts' each day, rather than viewing'active' ones..sorry I must have missed the posting from Joeyt....

daddy1

please dont stop your insulin go back and see your doctor or diabetic nurse and should be able to help you .if you stop your blood sugar will go up and you could be in alot of problems eg kidneys eyes feet extra in the long run

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Let Sameer do whatever. I believe he is just an attention seeker. Everybody please turn your attentions to people that are so much more deserving here and will do or try anything to help themselves to gain better health. Sameer has proved tine and time again to do nothing on a ling term basis.. Ir even short term.. EXCEPT raise blood pressure here of other forum nembers who have tried to help. He is beyond help.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Sameer .

I feel its time to lock this thread down .
Things will only turn negative otherwise - with members feeling hurt
or very annoyed that you continue to ignore their so well intended support and help .
Choosing to stop taking your insulin yet 'again' :thumbdown:

Sameer please seek your own doctors advice .
If you are not happy with a particular doctor , seek a change of doctor and ask another doctor .
This is about your health and wellbeing ...

DCUK members have offered you FANTASTIC support and help here on this thread 'and' you're other threads too . :clap:

It isnt fair to them - if you continue to ignore their concern and support for you .
Returning to hit them with you want to stop taking your insulin 'again' ... :shock:

Hope you can think about this differently and start to do the right thing
Continue to take your insulin and see your doctor .

Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.