Not open for further replies.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Re: Guys if i stop insulin what will happen ????? Or should

I dont think the random will go higher than 250 is that too much 230 is allowed !!!
If it goes higher than 250 i will start lets see !!!

Sameer those levels are too high. (230mg/dl=12.77mmol/l)
Yes sometimes we will get that high but that's not a level we want to be at for any length of time.

These are the American diabetes association target levels for people with diabetes
Preprandial plasma glucose (before a meal) 70–130 mg/dl
Postprandial plasma glucose (after a meal)* <180 mg/dl
( actually these are higher than than the UK one for after meal readings

Adults with Type 1 diabetes (NICE 2004)
2 hours after meals: less than 9mmol/l (that's 162mg/dl)

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !

Martwolves has got it right.
Sameer doesn't need us pandering to him, he needs a shrink.
Take that any way that you want.
I've been keeping an eye on this boring drivel and it's about time it was brought to an end.

Good luck with your imaginations sameer for that is what they are....

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

11 pages of wasted advice and shallow promises floating round and round and round again. To find out what will happen in the next couple of months, simply copy and paste the previous 11 pages and add to create pages 12 - 22, for june, re-paste to create 23 - 33 and so on.

I feel cheated that so many of us offered help and advice that was constantly ignored, only to be asked the same questions again and again ad infinitum.

I've simply run out of patience and fed up being pi$$ed about.

I don't speak for everyone and a certain 3 people will no doubt take enormous offence at this. NB: this post is what it is. A comment on MY feelings. Delicate people, fragile flowers, I'm not trying to make you cry, so please ignore this, as it is NOT directed at you.

Mart x x x

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

martwolves said:
11 pages of wasted advice and shallow promises

11 pages?!? I only see 4! General sentiment I agree with though

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.

There are 11 on my BB! Definitely. Perhaps whatever you're viewing on shows more items per page???

Anyway, back to the job!

:)

Sameer

Ok phoinex I will look got another doctor

So phoinex 250 is too high in random ? ?

Till then 12 before breakfast and 10 at night I will do that !!!

In morning I am getting 140

According to my doctors these are not too high !!!
Lol !!!

Setting my dose of novomix 30 !!

Sameer

Ok super chip !!! I dont care what u guys think ......

Setting my dose .....on novomix 30 !!!
Currently morning 12 units and before dinner 10 units
Will stick to this !!!
Sent using Ipad .

Sameer

Mart have done a lot for me !!
He thinks I am not listening to him !!!

Embabe25

Sameer!

12.3 mmol is high but not dangerously high. It will make you feel like ****! In fact I have been type 1 for 3 years and I always feel sick! Feeling ill is the new normal!

Do not stop. You will die!

My friend died at the age of 30! He had the flu and didn't take his insulin for a few days. He was found dead in his bed by his boss who was worried when he didn't turn up for work.

I owe it to him to try and manage my diabetes the best I can!

You owe it to everyone here who has helped you!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sameer

Thank you embabe25 !!!

I will stick to 10 at night
And 12 in morning !!

But why I feel tired ????

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Sameer said:
But why I feel tired ????

Because you have diabetes and you're not listening to advice and managing it well ! Simple !

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Sameer, stick with what your doc said for at least 2 weeks. Eat regularly and make notes.

Embabe25

Oh sameer I feel tired. I feel sick. I'm so thirsty. I'm starving all the time.

I don't have good control. I'm very insulin resistant and stuck in a rut!

I swing from hypos to highs every day!

But I have to keep trying for my babies. For my family and for Eddie!

Take it one day at a time and you'll find your way.

Xx

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes

I feel sick and tired for several weels now and my head spins and I feel dizzy? I feel I'm not being listened to you guys? What should I do? Please help! Please?

My doctor says I should stop reading this thread and the symptoms will vanish in a few days, but he might be untrustworthy and I don't know whether to believe him.

I'll see how I get on and will get a second opinion.

Does anyone else suffer from this? I need help!

I'll expect you all to reply and do my own thing anyway, as I can't be bothered to good advice, but please answer if you have any experience of any or all of the above, as I'm worried my cranium will spontaneously combust! Pleeeaaaaasssseeee!!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

BBBBOOOOOOOOOMMM!!-lol!!

garythegob

i gave up on sameer ages ago, i noticed he was starting new threads saying exactly the same thing! one thing sprung to my mind, and that was ATTENTION SEEKER!

Lindsay23

So you want to stop taking your insulin? I will tell you exactly what will happen if you are a type 1 diabetic! You will not die at first... In fact you will be crazy thirsty all the time and crazy hungry! You will lose so much weight people will start thinking you have an eating disorder and the truth is you will it is called diabulimia! At first you will think this is great you can eat anything and lose weight.... What could be better... Then you will start to be to tired to do anything! You will almost fall asleep anywhere, your urine will be so sticky that you have to clean the toilet everyday, you will start growing yeast through out your body... But if that doesn't detuter you then continue not taking your insulin and welcome to phase 2 where your eyes start to go, and your always moody, you believe everyone is out to get you.... But don't stop there... You haven't crashed yet! Welcome to phase 3 your so sick your family hast to drag you to the hospital because your body is so messed up you have crashed.... Now your family hast to watch as the doctors try to save you from your death bed.... Your family terrified that you will not pull through they wait! If you survive this phases welcome to stage 4 Complications.... So even if you start taking care of yourself, damage has been done and now they will start popping up! Stomach problems , hair loss, teeth problems, eye problems, muscle and nerve problems. And.these are just a few!
I am 29 years old and when I was younger about 5 years ago I stopped taking my insulin.... I take it now but the damage has been done! I have had cataract surgery, diabetic related dihearea (which means being incontinent). I have macular degeneration in one eye (which means I don"t see out of one eye) and my good eye is rapidly losing vision! So if you plan on destroying your probably now healthy body, then stop taking your insulin! If you want to get control and live a long and healthy life, then book an appointment with your doctor to find out why you don't feel good! Your doctor is there to help you! I am a type 1 diabetic and stopping to take my insulin has ruined my life, please don't let it ruin yours!

Lindsay23

Charlye

Sameer, forgive my bluntness, but if you think your insulin is making you sick, stopping taking if will really make you sick!!!!!! You'd morning sugars are high because you need 'more' insulin somewhere during your day!!! TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!! Use thd exact same words that you put in your post!! Tell them in no uncertain terms that you think your insulin is making you sick so you are going to stop taking it!! Then, leg them help you fix this!!! Please do not stop taking your insulin, one of the fishy things that may happen if you do is DKA!! That will make you sick!!!!!!!!! Good luck!!

Charlye

- sorry about the awful spelling mistakes!!! Spellcheck!!!!!! But you get the gist!!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !

Great post Lindsay. A stark reminder to all ! Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.