Had my GP appontment, Thanks for the advice!

caroluk

Hi Everyone.

Had my appointment this morning and stated my plea for testing strips GP was really against the idea, said type 2's don't need to be testing daily! only caues stresses obsession etc

Put forward my reasons why - showed him my diary and readings explained that i knew what i was doing and why and also quoted NICE guidelines :wink:

He gave in and i got my strips - He did say i was doing very well and to keep it up andthat he wasnt going to scribe strips permanently ho-hum then i will just buy them if he refuses!

My test results where in: Hba1c 6.3 so very happy with that and hopefully can reduce it some more in 3 months time.

Blood pressure slghtly up so keeping a check on that but no wonder as i was quite stressed!

Thank you for all your wnderful advice Oh andmy scales must be bust because he weighed me and i have indeed lost weight - Thought maybe i had at last but didnt want to weigh myself incase i was wrong.

Carol xx

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'm seeing my doctor in a couple of hours and I hope I ge a result like that

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Great news Carol,keep showing him that you are trying your best to get on top of the diabetes and hopefully he will keep giving you test strips.

Trinkwasser

caroluk said:
He gave in and i got my strips - He did say i was doing very well and to keep it up andthat he wasnt going to scribe strips permanently ho-hum then i will just buy them if he refuses!

Outstanding - and disappointing both.