had my little one...everything fine

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Just wanted to let the regulars know that I gave birth to my son last week, despite all the warnings about diabetics having big babies he is absolutely tiny, only 5 1/2 lbs, which suprised us all as he'd come up normal on the growth charts. He had a couple of lowish blood sugars on the day he was born but nothing too bad and once he'd established feeding he was absolutely fine. Thanks to everyone who supported me on this forum during my pregnancy, just goes to show that despite all my worries about having a high hba1c at conception it doesn't appear to have caused any harm, I think i got things under control pretty quick and although it was a nightmare having to keep my blood sugars so tightly controlled during my pregnancy especially towards the end, it's all turned out fine. With hindsight I could have waited til I gave birth naturally rather than be induced at 38 weeks, think he could really have done with a couple more weeks inside me as he is so small, but I'm just glad that he's safe and sound now.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Congratulations, so glad everything turned our well for you :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Congratulations AC.......

Glad to hear everything went well for you and baby....... :D

FoxyLady2000

Congratulations. I am glad to hear your good news. I am a newby here suffering from the same condition but I still have about 8 weeks to go yet.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Congratulations AC glad all is well. We feel as though we lived it with you...thank you for
sharing :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Congratulations, glad to hear it all went to plan and you are both well
thumbsup.gif

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Thanks all - here is a pic of the little fella!

Attachments

• zac 012.jpg
    zac 012.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 4,366

jessie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations - he is beautiful - your hard work has paid off! Thanks so much for your all of your advice.

Jessie. x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Excellent news and congratulations! :D

Nigel

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations! Well chuffed for you.

Looks like he might be a boxer in years to come. That's a mean south-paw stance he's got going on there! :wink:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's really great news, he's lovely.
I don't expect he'll always be as peaceful as he looks there though!