Hand washing

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes I do a wee and don't wash my hands !!! Horror !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
wee is sterile if you don't suffer from any bladder or kidney infections. Come to think of it, if you want a really bacteria-free liquid close at hand urine is the choice.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
wee is sterile if you don't suffer from any bladder or kidney infections. Come to think of it, if you want a really bacteria-free liquid close at hand urine is the choice.
Don't encourage him!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: 3 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is handy to know, isn't it should you be in a situation where you need to wash something like a cut needing sterile but not having any approved material at hand. Just pee on it OR risk infection.

A source of comfort for me when I am alone working with my chain saw. First thing in a possible chain saw cut is of course to stop blood if the cut is severe but next step is to clean the cut. Sterile is the thing and urine IS sterile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
It is handy to know, isn't it should you be in a situation where you need to wash something like a cut needing sterile but not having any approved material at hand. Just pee on it OR risk infection.

A source of comfort for me when I am alone working with my chain saw. First thing in a possible chain saw cut is of course to stop blood if the cut is severe but next step is to clean the cut. Sterile is the thing and urine IS sterile.
I worry about you!!!! Lol! :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Dear Landlord,
I am starting to worry about the kind of clientele this pub is attracting. There is a mad Swede out there with a chainsaw and a man who handles nuts without washing his hands. What kind of an establishment are you running here, sir? Does Mrs Bear know?

Reactions: 2 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Swedes are low carb, so what's your problem?

Godnatt, läggdags tror jag!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Landlord,
I am starting to worry about the kind of clientele this pub is attracting. There is a mad Swede out there with a chainsaw and a man who handles nuts without washing his hands. What kind of an establishment are you running here, sir? Does Mrs Bear know?
I handle my nuts without washing my hands;)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
If a spitting cobra gets your eyes wee good to neutrilise the toxin. So while collecting said item l dont see problem to using it to wash your finger provided it is yours (l am at least keeping on the original subject)

l think my job as veterinary nurse us old timers in it are hardened given l never or very rarely wash my hands at lunch and have even eaten snacks while cleaning isolation.
l wonder why l bother cleaning my finger and l even use fresh water to do it ....l guess am fussier than l thought :)
hope for me yet

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
I am going to see how long till someone actually reads what l said on the wee part and notices other than the real use you can put wee to (toxin from spitting cobra) why you should not use it and l don't mean hygiene (per se). :happy:

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
WIth my job, I regularly wash my hands BEFORE going for a wee. There are things on site I don't want on my hands and transferring down there:bag:

Reactions: 2 people