kumera

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went for my first bloodtest after being diagnosed with prediabetes in Nov 16.
HbA1c has gone down from 6.4% 47 to 5.3% 35 and a weight loss of 10kg in 4 months :) 64kg to 53kg
So happy it all paid off.
Still can't eat potatoes, rice and bread, but who cares :D
For anyone out there with prediabetes.
Go for it, it's absolutely worth it!! You feel good, fit, healthy, and starts to love the food you can eat.
I started with low carb, low fat, but are now introducing more fat in my diet to keep my weight stable.
Still finding my way, but I'm getting there :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went for my first bloodtest after being diagnosed with prediabetes in Nov 16.
HbA1c has gone down from 6.4% 47 to 5.3% 35 and a weight loss of 10kg in 4 months :) 64kg to 53kg
So happy it all paid off.
Still can't eat potatoes, rice and bread, but who cares :D
For anyone out there with prediabetes.
Go for it, it's absolutely worth it!! You feel good, fit, healthy, and starts to love the food you can eat.
I started with low carb, low fat, but are now introducing more fat in my diet to keep my weight stable.
Still finding my way, but I'm getting there :)

wow well done and congratulations... yes the more fit body is worth it all , an the food one can eat is actually delicious :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Top banana!
Though, I don't avocate banana...

Nice work! :cool:

Reactions: kumera

Lauren51

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Congratulation! it is very encouraging! This winter I somehow gained about ten pounds and it was a real shock for me as when I put on my swimming suit I wanted to cry! The summer will come soon and I need to do something. The first idea was about some really crazy diet which will release me from all this fat! But on the other hand - I remember the way my friend looked like after such experiment with her body. She gained the weight after her pregnancy and when her son was 9 month and breastfeeding was over she decided to try one diet from the net. She was like a pimple faced ghost. And it was just a beginning of her problems. So I decided to do everything right and first applied to a doctor. I was also diagnosed with prediabetes. The result of my blood test was 6,7%. She explained to me that when I am on diet I need to think about my stomach and bowel too. So am I additionally taking Enterosgel, so my body can release from all these toxins and other harmful irritants.
Now I am completely satisfied with the effect. First of all, my skin is good. Also, compared with my previous experience with diet I lose the weight much easier – I don’t feel that weakness or apathy. I used to think that “toxins” are not so serious and I didn’t realise the way they influence our body.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Outstanding!!! Great to hear success stories!!!

My answer to everything is AVOCADO! Healthiest fat around as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: kokhongw