Has anybody been taking Linagliptin?

amoreamore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I have been a Type 11 Diabetes patient for about 5 years and have taken slow release Metformin at gradually increasing doses over that time. I also take Simvastatin 40g. I have now been changed to a slightly lower Metformin dosage - 1x1000 and 1x750 instead of 2x1000 daily and have been prescribed Linagliptin 5mg as well. I am a bit nervous having read the side effects of Linagliptin, particularly those related to the Pancreas. Can anybody help please?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I take sitagliptin, the wife takes linagliptin, her blood glucose levels have come down really that she has achieved a fasting blood glucose level of under 6 for the first time last week.
Both of us have not any of the side effects attributed to these drugs.

Apparently when I first diagnosed, my consultant, said, that 1 in a million chance of cancer or pancreatitis rather than keeping control of your blood glucose levels. It's my choice!

I chose the gliptin.
It has helped me reduce my spike and keep control.

If it was me, I would choose the gliptin.
You can read all details of the drug on Wikipedia.

Reactions: 2 people

amoreamore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take sitagliptin, the wife takes linagliptin, her blood glucose levels have come down really that she has achieved a fasting blood glucose level of under 6 for the first time last week.
Both of us have not any of the side effects attributed to these drugs.

Apparently when I first diagnosed, my consultant, said, that 1 in a million chance of cancer or pancreatitis rather than keeping control of your blood glucose levels. It's my choice!

I chose the gliptin.
It has helped me reduce my spike and keep control.

If it was me, I would choose the gliptin.
You can read all details of the drug on Wikipedia.
Do you have Metformin as well. I have 2 Metformin slow release and am now going to be adding Linagliptin as well. A bit bothered about so much medication.
Thank you very much for replying so quickly. I will read your Blog.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The Gliptin family are actually quite safe in practice with very rare but serious side effects on the pancreas. I was on Sitagliptin for 2 years and it helped a bit until my islet cells just couldn't produce enough insulin

jason134

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
diabetes at the moment
Hi I'm on linagliptin took off metformin because of side effects bg now under control and no side effects the 1 in a million odds are worth it

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Do you have Metformin as well. I have 2 Metformin slow release and am now going to be adding Linagliptin as well. A bit bothered about so much medication.
The wife is, but because of my condition I'm not, as I'm not diabetic.
As suggested have a word with your doctor.
The initial meds, are to get your blood glucose levels down. And if you get your diet right, meds will be reduced.

bertie22

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been taking Linagliptin for a short while and the only side effect I have is a big increase in my libido.I have researched this and found its all about the mens libido but nil about women.Would like to know if anyone else has noticed this.