have i got Tenosynovitis?

sicko666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Textbook medical profesionals! Narrow minded people.
Hi, i know diagnosis cant really be done online, but ,as i am in the middle of my diabetic nurse moving and changing to another area ( its a joke trying to get answers from anyone at the moment, either they cant be found, or no one knows who to call, or what the actual working telphone numbers are! )....

Anyway, at first i thought it was RSI (repetative Stress Injury) as it was just my right hands trigger finger that acted strange, but it now affects my left hand finger too and i dont use that often with my pc. My finger only bends so far before it springs back to its straight position, it is painful when attempting to bend them.It is worse first thing after getting up by evening time it isnt so bad. I do have athritus in my feet so i didnt know if its more likly to be RSI,Arthritus,or this Tenosynovitis, it only happens to both my trigger fingers and no others, has anyone else exprienced these symptons?

sicko666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you Doug, after reading through all the coments on the page left by others at the link you provided quite a few similarities sprung up...Especially the B12 thing, my GP had put me on B12 vitiamins before xmas but then stopped prescribing me them, perhaps i B12 levels are low again and thats causing this new problem, quite a few people stated they had B12 issues and after taking the vitiamin things got better...What ever the cause it looks like i should book an appointment with my GP to get this looked at, oh hell i hate seeing doctors lol, thank you for the link it answered a lot, hope others see your helpful link too :happy::)

sicko666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
An update, after seeing my diabetic nurse it seems i have got it, now i have to go see my GP apparently, lol, she probably hasnt even heard of it let alone will diagnose it lol oh well thats the nhs for you!

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have it in the middle fingers of both hands. I made the mistake of having the INJECTION, ouchy ouchy ouchy. They inject into the sheath apparently. I could have punched him the pain was so bad. Since low carbing I don't have as much of a problem. Every morning it hurt to open my hands and I had to physically get hold of them to open them. They even made me a splint to wear at bedtime - ever tried sleeping with a hard plastic thing attached to you. Threw that away pretty sharpish. Give low carb a go it really has made a difference. I'm a sewer and knitter and I need my hands.

Reactions: 2 people

sicko666

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have it in the middle fingers of both hands. I made the mistake of having the INJECTION, ouchy ouchy ouchy. They inject into the sheath apparently. I could have punched him the pain was so bad. Since low carbing I don't have as much of a problem. Every morning it hurt to open my hands and I had to physically get hold of them to open them. They even made me a splint to wear at bedtime - ever tried sleeping with a hard plastic thing attached to you. Threw that away pretty sharpish. Give low carb a go it really has made a difference. I'm a sewer and knitter and I need my hands.

Sounds identical to my two fingers, lol strangly enough i have it in my trigger fingers lol! Low carbing helps thats great news then i am going on to the DAFNE carb counting regime on the 28th, i have just been put on NovaRapid and Insulatard instead of my usual Pork Hypurin Neutral & Isophane, my BG was 35 this morning i feel terrible but got to be on a low dose to get hypo symptons back now not on pork apparently!!!! My fingers are stiffer so low carbs sounds better than MORE needles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ps Diabetic nurse advisted NOT to get treatment until really necissary i am guessing because this is another permanent condition and the drugs dosages used will have to get higher and higher over time ( Lol dont mind the surgery option,BUT,more needles for a needle phobic,lol,i WOULD punch him lol!!!!! ).
Thanks for replying, this is what i hoped for when posting, actual experiances from this condition tells me more than any info preached to me from a GP or Diabetic Nurse,Consultant that is just paraphraseing from there text book....Reality is usually VERY different!
Thank you Both for responding i know have medical details and actual experiance about something i didnt even know diabeties was even causing! :)