Have you had gestational diabetes?

NWLondonDLRN

My name is Danielle and I work as a Patient and Public Involvement Officer for the North West London Diabetes Local Research Network (http://www.northwestlondondlrn.org.uk), part of the National Institute for Health Research.

If you develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy, you have a greater chance of developing it during following pregnancies. Researchers at Imperial College in London are putting together a proposal for a study looking at a way to hopefully stop this from happening. I am working with the team to make sure the research makes sense from the point of view of someone who has had gestational diabetes.

We would like to hear from mothers who have had gestational diabetes, preferably in the last five years, and especially those who plan have further children, about their experiences of having the condition, and what they think about the proposed study.

I can either call you and ask you a few questions over the telephone at a time convenient to you (it will take about five minutes, or more if you have lots to share with me!) or I can send you an online survey to complete in your own time.

The survey is completely anonymous and all results will be kept confidential. The close date for this survey is Friday, 31 May.
Here is the link to do the questionaire :
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NIyBWN ... form?pli=1

If you are interested please email me at [email protected] or call 020 7594 9752.

Thank you for reading!

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
I happen to have gestational diabetes and never spill sugar in my urine even though my blood sugars are crazy. I did not have gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy. This pregnancy I actually gained no weight until about 28 weeks. I did eat and good stuff just wouldn't gain, they kept a close eye on the baby and everything seemed fine. I took the 1 hour glucose test and failed, and they just had me start monitoring my sugars 4 x a day because my number on the 1 hour was so high. My numbers were fine for the first week on monitoring them 4 x a day, but after that they started going higher, right now I am 36 weeks and take insulin 3 x a day. I guess your doctor feels that you didn't gain enough weight so far, however it his his/her job then to follow you more closely and make sure baby is growing well. The baby will take from you what it needs.