1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hba1c down!

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Daphne917, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

They were 2.7 which was not surprising considering I had a cheese omelette followed by ff greek yoghurt with raspberries for lunch and my unplanned blood test was at 14.30!!

2. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 · Oracle

Well there you go! You know what to do next time!
    There are 2 standard ranges for triglycerides.
    Fating - under 1.7
    Non-fasting - under 2.3 (but I imagine all that fat you had recently eaten was the reason for the elevated level)

3. nomoredonuts

nomoredonuts Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Add that to the list of duff information from my DN!
    I had my customary bacon breakfast and registered 2.5 Trigs. Much the same as last time...

4. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Probably!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eliza52

Eliza52 Type 2 · Newbie

I was diagnosed at the beginning of September this year and my fasting glucose was 8.4 and Hb1ac 64. I've been doing Michael Moseley's BSD; I've lost almost 3 stone and my tests on Monday came back with Hb1ac of 32, Fasting glucose 4.1, plus my cholesterol was down to 3.3 (previously been around 5.5 for years) and triglycerides (so high you wouldn't believe the numbers!) now down to 1.6 - a miracle! I feel great, had to buy a complete new wardrobe (expensive but SO satisfying!). I fully intend keeping to this way of eating - I find the potential risks of not doing so ample stimulus to succeed. I'd far rather do without pasta and bread than my feet! Seen too many diabetic amputees to want to join them!

• Winner Winner x 4
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook