HBA1c result back

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have my 3 month A1c result back. It's gone from 67 at diagnosis to 26.

The first 2 months on low carb'ng were easy and I felt so well and full of energy. The past month has been harder and at times the thought of the A1c was what made me keep going. That and my partner who has encouraged me.

I've wondered if using a Libre was such a good choice when it's kept telling me that I'm in the 3's and a finger prick tells me that I'm 2 higher. Well my average glucose for the past 90 days according to my Libre is 4.0 mmol/L. It wasn't far out. Which pleases me as it is such a psychological support for me.

Well that's the 1st 3 months of being a type 2 over with.

Thank you everyone.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely a superstar, a great psychological support and hopefully added motivation. :)

Reactions: dbr10

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all. I've just been told by my type 1 friend that the dn won't like it and will be telling me off as it's too low. ;)

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congrats @woodywhippet61, amazing results.

Low numbers for those medicated with insulin or other hypo inducing medication is treated differently due to the dangers that over the average there have been a lot of hypo's.

As you are not taking any medication, your surgery should be ok about it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
26? Wow! That’s the lowest reading I’ve seen on this forum, many congratulations!!!

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow the best Result I have read till date !!! Congratulations

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That an absolutely WOW result in such a few months - well done! I think I'd have to agree with @Rachox about it being the lowest I've seen.

Robbity

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all. I've just been told by my type 1 friend that the dn won't like it and will be telling me off as it's too low. ;)

Only because they think you will have had hundreds of hypos. If you haven't, then all is well and just ignore her. (Type 1s are different because they can hypo when numbers are that low.)

Reactions: TIANDB and Freema

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks again. My type 1 friend has also been told to eat carbs all her life. I haven't had any hypo's so I should be okay. But I'll see.

You are a Type 2 and not taking any medication. As far as I know, that means you cannot have hypos. (I have no medical expertise. If I am wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.) Your Type 1 friend is almost certainly controlling her condition with meds and/or insulin so will be susceptible to hypos.

Well done!!!

Reactions: Prem51

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are a Type 2 and not taking any medication. As far as I know, that means you cannot have hypos. (I have no medical expertise. If I am wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.)

:) Type 2 not on medication can have hypo...especially if they have restored some of their insulin sensitivity to pre-diabetes level. But such hypo's are typically reactive hypo. That means it is typically triggered by a relatively high carbs meal, resulting in a delayed excessive insulin response. So when the glucose level falls rapadly 3-4 hours after the meal, the hypo symptoms would set in. BTW I just had one at 3.2 mmol (61 mg/dl).

Reactions: Freema