HBA1C Unchanged

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My latest HBA1C has come back at 40...unchanged from last time. I am slightly surprised, I thought it might be lower, this equates to an "average" reading of 6.6 mmol throughout the day and according to my meter readings I am lower than this almost all the time. I only ever peak higher than this on occasion after the evening meal and that is only up to around 7 for a short time.
My fasting levels are pretty high, usually early 6's so this is not helping the HBA1C result.
Still...40 is just in normal range, at least it hasn't gone up!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Juicetin 40 is a good hba1c result.
What were you hoping for, realistically?

Did you find your levels more in keeping with none diabetics? Even none diabetics get a variant.

Only other option is to change your meter to one with less variant so you can work harder to reduce your 7s.
Personally thou. I think a consecutive 40 is an achievement. Well done!

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ive been using my Bayer Contour Next because I thought it gave lower and more consistent readings than my Codefree and Tee2, however I am now thinking that the higher readings of those two may be closer to the mark. If thats the case I'll be delighted as the test strips are half the price ! The readings they have been producing would mean an average of 6.6 makes more sense.
Room for improvement, but not overly unhappy

Reactions: wiseowl_123