Hba1c

chris270181

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi not had chance to post for a while , just got my A1c back result 47 so down which is good but a little higher then I was hoping.

not had any spikes maybe need to look at my 1 hour levels a little more and have been pretty poor with the low carb side of things. That been non existent. Thoughts on a 47 is it an ok result?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Going from 92 to 47 in just 3 months is cause for celebration - well done!

You will get there, you will probably find your next HbA1c is under 42, if you keep eating the right things. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Going from 92 to 47 in just 3 months is cause for celebration - well done!

You will get there, you will probably find your next HbA1c is under 42, if you keep eating the right things. Good luck.
Well done - great reduction.
It's a 3 month reading so will be influenced to some extent by the whole of that period. Mine went down in the first 3 months from 95 to 50 and my GP's comment was he expected my next one to be in the pre-diabetic range. If you continue I'm sure yours will be even lower.

Reactions: 3 people