Hbalc

Jogreen21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Please can anyone tell me what is a healthy result is for a female with Type2 (58yrs old).????.I dont actually know what a Hba1c test is for.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The test is to detect the amount of glycated haemoglobin in your blood. Higher blood glucose levels results in more glycated corpuscles. The level at which diabetes is diagnosed is 48, above that level indicates that your glucose levels have been higher than considered safe during the last three months - the lifetime of a corpuscle.

Jogreen21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Resurgam thanks for your reply.i found out today thaty test result was 68.and I didn't know if that was good or bad.obviously I now know its bad x

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition
Or good if you consider you can now take action to reduce that number via diet and modest excersise to stop complications.

Reactions: Jogreen21

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many of us have higher numbers than that on diagnosis including me ( 92) when I reached 64 it was a real milestone!

I am sure you can bring it down from there . Great news that you are still succeeding two weeks in . Frankly kids often have no idea of what they are saying or the hurt they cause so stick that to one side and focus on yourself !