Headache

Jules71823

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Could anyone out there come up with a solution why since trying to stabilise my glucose readings I have headaches as soon as it drops below 0.8 ? My usual readings At the moment are between 10-16
My readings before joining the group was anywhere up to the excess of 26 sometimes.
Please help these headaches are doing me in THANK YOU x

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I hope you mean 8mmol/L and not 0.8!!!

Your body has to adjust to lower average glucose readings because you've been high for so long. Might take a couple of weeks, difficult to be precise because we all react differently. I remember the constant head pounding during my re-adjustment period and was certainly glad when it faded away.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you drinking enough fluids? Dehydration will give you headaches. It is important to drink a lot of water, particularly when the weather is hot and clammy, if you sweat a lot, and especially when following low carb diets.

Reactions: 2 people

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd say it would be your body adjusting to your new levels. As others have mentioned, make sure you are well hydrated as not drinking enough water can give you headaches too. If you definitely mean you were 0.8 and not 8 then no wonder you had a headache as that is a full on severe hypo and I hope you treated it. I wish you the best. :)

Reactions: 2 people