1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Health

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by clarea, Sep 21, 2017.

1. clarea

clarea · Member

I have epilepsy (left temporal lobe removed 9year ago), underactive thyroid, pituitary tumour (nearly shrank now) psoriasis, polycystic ovaries B12 and diabetes 2 (take insulin) I'm finding now I'm reducing insulin levels that I seem to b losing a little bit of weight could this be to do with reducing insulin?

2. mariavontrapp

mariavontrapp Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It could be, as excess insulin causes weight gain. Did you know that originally the low carb diet that many of us are following was devised to treat epilepsy? I don't know if it is relevant to the type of epilepsy that you are experiencing.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook