hellloooo

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I think diabetes especially type 1 gets so confused with type 2 that people don't see the massive difference between the 2! Your right, no one ever says well done, your doing well or your results are good or anything its just the bad points that get focused on unfortunately!!! Your right it is all worth it, although its hard if we don't do it, we wouldn't be here I to put it bluntly!!
I don't think I've got it right but you do learn from things and know to do it differently next times! There's been so many times I've messed it all up and thought right next time I'll do it another way etc!:)

im like you and get impatient when things don't happen quickly, its like why have I tried so hard and nothings changed or worked:shifty: But keep trying , eventually your begin to notice things changing!
I'e recently been told ive got high cholesterol and was prescribed the statins but not offered any alternative... how do you treat yours???if you don't mind me asking x
Ive had trouble with my eyes, which I know is from the diabetes and the sugar levels when I couldn't get them below any figures like 17 up to like 24/5 which was my own fault for not trying to see why it wouldn't come down! Touch wood at the moment I don't have anything to be to concerned about hopefully.
nice to talk to you!!! xxxxx:);)
Previously I have had liver issues so they said that I have to control my cholesterol with diet as my liver finds it difficult to break down medication like steroids and it has previously caused hospitalisation. However my cholesterol is in the danger zone at 7.6 so it will require hard work
What is your apprehension towards using statins. Are there major side effects? Xx

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like you've had a hard time over the years with it all!
I'm not sure what my cholesterol is, I just no its high! I the doctor prescribed the statins but didn't explain or give me any alternative. I don't know the effects on the diabetes as I didnt get chance to ask her... At the moment I'm not taking them and am trying to change things in my diet like the butter and that stuff.... But I'm kind of stuck as to what to do with it! I don't want to take the statins just yet as I believe there is other ways of reducing it before starting to take them... Im going to go back and see my diabetes nurse soon and see if she can help me.... Considering she told me at the time I got my results that I wasn't to worry the doctor said something completely different! Xx

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Oh okay that's interesting, I am surprised that the doctor didn't explain the reasons as they usually give you good notice to make lifestyle changes before prescribing statins. I saw the dietician on Monday and she spoke about diet and exercise being the main intervention especially at a younger age. She also said that there is a link between high blood sugar levels and cholesterol and that when my blood sugars come down then my cholesterol is likely to reduce too. She also suggested eating food with a lot of fibre. I have now joined myfitnesspal app so I can keep track of everything that goes in my mouth haha, if you decide to join the app let me know and I will add you on it
Hope that helps and hope the doctor sees some sense x

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh okay that's interesting, I am surprised that the doctor didn't explain the reasons as they usually give you good notice to make lifestyle changes before prescribing statins. I saw the dietician on Monday and she spoke about diet and exercise being the main intervention especially at a younger age. She also said that there is a link between high blood sugar levels and cholesterol and that when my blood sugars come down then my cholesterol is likely to reduce too. She also suggested eating food with a lot of fibre. I have now joined myfitnesspal app so I can keep track of everything that goes in my mouth haha, if you decide to join the app let me know and I will add you on it
Hope that helps and hope the doctor sees some sense x

That's interesting to know about the high bloods and cholesterol, I really am clueless as what I'm doing with it at the moment. I want to try other ways of getting it down like you say with lifestyle hanged rather than the tablets. For my age I don't want to be taking things I don't really need to when there's other ways of reducing it!
I'll have a look at the app, although I'm not sure how good I'd be at remembering to put it all down in there! But it could really help so I will have a look, willing to try these things to help! Thankyou!
I really do need to go back and talk to the diabetes nurse, not so much the doctor she's the last person I want to see right now after the way she treated me but I need to see someone about it as I'm clueless to say the least!
Thanks for talking xxxx

Reactions: 2 people

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
That's interesting to know about the high bloods and cholesterol, I really am clueless as what I'm doing with it at the moment. I want to try other ways of getting it down like you say with lifestyle hanged rather than the tablets. For my age I don't want to be taking things I don't really need to when there's other ways of reducing it!
I'll have a look at the app, although I'm not sure how good I'd be at remembering to put it all down in there! But it could really help so I will have a look, willing to try these things to help! Thankyou!
I really do need to go back and talk to the diabetes nurse, not so much the doctor she's the last person I want to see right now after the way she treated me but I need to see someone about it as I'm clueless to say the least!
Thanks for talking xxxx
Well for what it's worth I wish you all the best with your cholesterol. I am trying to eat healthy and exercise but it's really hard to do so as I feel hungry all the time!!! And some Doctors like to scare you I guess so it can't hurt to get a second opinion.

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well for what it's worth I wish you all the best with your cholesterol. I am trying to eat healthy and exercise but it's really hard to do so as I feel hungry all the time!!! And some Doctors like to scare you I guess so it can't hurt to get a second opinion.

Thankyou, you to and with getting your pump! Haha I know the feeling, I guess it's just finding something you enjoy that works and that you can stick to! Yeah it's not I don't believe the doc or anythings it's the way she went about it all which I don't agree with. Its like she took the easy path for her and didn't think about me! I have big trust issues in the NHS after they messed up my treatment when I was younger. I had ketoacidosis and was in hospital, they put me on a glucose drip for around 12 hours before they realised and I was in intensive care for nearly a week before spending another week on a ward. I've never forgotten it, and I think ever since then I've lost trust I had in them and it's frightened me of hospitals ever since! Which is partly to do with why I stopped going to see the diabetes team! X

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Oh wow! I totally get you 100%, I was prescribed steroids without being told the effects they have on diabetes and ended up in dka too. Over time getting many half-diagnosis I have become less and less trustful of the nhs and get really anxious and panicky before attending appointments, I have gone a year without attending them. But then you still need the doctors so I had to get back into appointment-going... But I totally get the apprehensiveness xxx

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah I can't understand why they prescribe these things without telling you the side effects like... Why do it in the first place if they know it could go wrong? Yeah I missed any and didn't see any one for such a long time... I avoided the doctors to because I knew they would be like well what about your diabetes so I never went.... Until I had to and they tried to make me go to the hospital again but I refused... I didn't want to go there... I said I would go to the docs as they have the diabetes nurse but they were like well really you shouldn't because I had little control over it..... Don't you just wish some times though what it would be like to not have to worry or do the injections or bloods or anything.... Like I can't even remember what thays like I've had it so long.... Xxx

bumblebee95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I know what you mean, it has to be a big part of our everyday, but i have been assured by veterans that it gets better so I am hoping on it. I guess the first few steps are always going to be the hardest. I am glad that my diabetes care team aren't the ones that messed me up and they aren't that bad, but the diabetes nurse at the GP kept blaming me for my high cholesterol but I don't believe it's dietary cholesterol because I eat well and so does the rest of my family, they don't have it, then not should I xx

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hiya Abbi, think I was diagnosed around the same age as you, although I'm 29 now.

I read the bit about pumps, I have had one for about a year and a half now, love it, couldn't imagine not having it in my life now, it can be a pain at times but I have much better control and feel like I'm a bit more free with it - even though I now have something attached to me lol)

I've never watched casualty so can't comment on that, but I love flowers, I don't have a lot of knowledge of them but I like to buy them and have them look pretty in my house lol

I've also been prescribed statins by my doc, he said my cholesterol is ok but as I've been type 1 for longer than 10 years its recommended to take the now... I took the prescription with the intention of researching them before I started taking them, haven't handed in the prescription (5weeks later) as I just don't feel like they would be worth me taking right now (side effects etc)

Hope you enjoy meeting people on the forum,

Abbie :)

Reactions: 6 people

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya Abbi, think I was diagnosed around the same age as you, although I'm 29 now.

I read the bit about pumps, I have had one for about a year and a half now, love it, couldn't imagine not having it in my life now, it can be a pain at times but I have much better control and feel like I'm a bit more free with it - even though I now have something attached to me lol)

I've never watched casualty so can't comment on that, but I love flowers, I don't have a lot of knowledge of them but I like to buy them and have them look pretty in my house lol

I've also been prescribed statins by my doc, he said my cholesterol is ok but as I've been type 1 for longer than 10 years its recommended to take the now... I took the prescription with the intention of researching them before I started taking them, haven't handed in the prescription (5weeks later) as I just don't feel like they would be worth me taking right now (side effects etc)

Hope you enjoy meeting people on the forum,

Abbie :)

Hi!
I totally understand what your saying about the pump! I think it's just everyone sees them differently! I know they have their benefits for sure and I think your probably right you probably do have better control on them! It's just always been something I've never really considered or wanted to use to control my diabetes most likely because of the reason that I wouldn't like it attached to me all the time... But I don't know... Haha you never know one I could be saying why didn't I get one of them sooner!

Haha who doesn't love flowers in the house! Although saying that I'm useless with them when I bring them home sometimes... I forget to do anything with them... So I always tell my mum there for her... Hahah

I didn't know that! Hmm... Yeah I've got the prescription there sat in my cupboard untouched still.... Like you im 'looking' into them haha

Are you doing well with your pump now then? Do you prefer it to the injections?

Abbi X

AabBsStTaA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know what you mean, it has to be a big part of our everyday, but i have been assured by veterans that it gets better so I am hoping on it. I guess the first few steps are always going to be the hardest. I am glad that my diabetes care team aren't the ones that messed me up and they aren't that bad, but the diabetes nurse at the GP kept blaming me for my high cholesterol but I don't believe it's dietary cholesterol because I eat well and so does the rest of my family, they don't have it, then not should I xx

I hope so! They are and It's never going to be easy no matter how long we've had it!
I couldn't work out my cholesterol either but at least you know that you need to do something about it, with the support of your family and doing what your doing I wish you all the best in getting it back down xxx