Hello all :) I'm from Poland... I need Your help

Sponge_cake87

Hi All,
My Diabetes experience is:
:wink: Sorry for my english but I'm still learning.
I was diagnosed as type 1, at 14 years old (10 years ago). I'm a student. There is no history of diabetes on either side of my family. I decided to write on forum because I need help and I must tell about my hopeless situation.
I'm using HUMALOG insulin on day and HUMULIN N on the night. In Poland I haven't refund in 100% all insulins and stripes. I must pay for HUMALOG. In my country we have a bad health care (especially diabetes care). We have very bad availability to new medical goods.
You should come to Poland and see it with yours own eyes...
Some time ago I had chance to tested insulin Lantus but only for a month. This insulin was a great change in my life. Unfortunately my thousehold budget are bad and I haven't money to pay for this insulin.
So I had decided to request for Your help. If someone from have unnecessary Lantus insulin and pens to insulin humalog (also hard available in Poland) - HumaPen Luxura HD 2 pieces, HumaPen Luxura (2 pieces) and 1 HumaPen Memoir.
(I pay for shipping cost from Great Britain to Poland).
Thank You all so much.
Cheers :wink:

janabelle

Dislikes
Lack of choice of insulin for newly diagnosed patients.
Dog owners who let their dogs poop in the street-a hazard for most, but worse if you're visually impaired!
Having RP
HI Sponge cake,
Welcome to the forum.
I have had type-1 diabetes since the age of 19, 22 yrs now. I also have no family history.
I'm sorry to hear things are so bad for diabetics in Poland, I wasn't aware of it until reading your post.
Are you having to pay for all your insulin and testing equipment?
I've googled Humulin N, and it seems to work like the insulin that I take, which is a long-acting animal insulin (hypurin porcine isophane).
Sometimes these insulins work better if you split the dose, take some in the morning and some at night, You should discuss this with your diabetes doctor first.
Please contact the IDDT (insulin dependent diabetes trust). Here's a link to their website. http://www.iddt.org/here-to-help/contact-us/ You can email them your concerns, and I'm sure they will be able to advise you better than I can about how to get the insulin you want in your country.
How is your blood-glucose control?
Jus x :)

Sponge_cake87

Hello janabelle :D thanks for Your reply :!:
janabelle said:
Are you having to pay for all your insulin and testing equipment?

Yes, I must pay for the test stripes (I bought stripes accu-chek active beacause these stripes are belong to the group's stripse for I pay a nominal fee (1 grosz).To the group belong for example: accu-chek active,go one touch select, horizon, abbot, diagomed gluco-sense, ixell. Recently I asked to in chemist are they have a stripes to BLOOD GLUCOSE METER Contour Link - unfortunatly they haven't. I asked to are they have a BLOOD GLUCOSE METER Contour Link - One Lady said " unfortunatly no but I can order this BLOOD GLUCOSE METER - the cost is about 100 zł. The stripes to the (Contour link ,TS) cost about 3.20zł - 6.40 zł.
I must pay for everything (sometimes less, sometimes more but always). Insulin Lantus or insulin Levemir or Apidra cost about 250 zł for 1 box. Probably from maybe march or april this Year will be these insulin refund - the cost after refund will be about 140 zł.
For the all equipment I must pay. Only on diabetic's clink sometimes I can get something for free (blood glucose meter or pen lilly humapen ergoline II). I must pay for all my insulins HUMALOG cost about 20 zł, Humulin N cost about 3.20 zł.
Thank You for link to the website IDDT and Your help.
Best regards :D

JUSTFOCUS

Dislikes
Scrooge . People who are always feeling sorry for themselves . The NHS . The benefit agency .Atttention seekers on forums or chat rooms.
Hi spongecake
I am sure i read a post on here recently saying the test strips were cheaper on ebay than anywere else. Worth a look maybe!
good luck JF. :D

Sponge_cake87

I thank You for all the help. I am horibly sad and worried . My Doctor said my, than I will try to take Lantus or Levemir. In next week I will go to the hospital and I will to check my HbA1c. I hope than will be fine :cry:
I renew my request : if sombady of You have got a unnecessarilies pens, please contact with me. These are pens which I can not to get(for me these pens are unavailable):

- HumaPen Luxura HD (2 pieces)
- HumaPen Luxura (2 pieces)
- HumaPen Memoir (2 pieces)

I will be very greatful if somebady help me to get these pens. It will be best for me if I can get these pens for free and I will pay only for a shippment to the Poland.

louiseb

Sponge_cake87 said:
I thank You for all the help. I am horibly sad and worried . My Doctor said my, than I will try to take Lantus or Levemir. In next week I will go to the hospital and I will to check my HbA1c. I hope than will be fine :cry:
I renew my request : if sombady of You have got a unnecessarilies pens, please contact with me. These are pens which I can not to get(for me these pens are unavailable):

- HumaPen Luxura HD (2 pieces)
- HumaPen Luxura (2 pieces)
- HumaPen Memoir (2 pieces)

I will be very greatful if somebady help me to get these pens. It will be best for me if I can get these pens for free and I will pay only for a shippment to the Poland.

IT would be be illegal for anybody to send you insulin. any mediaction can only be used by the person it is prescibed for and not given to given to anybody else.
also dcotors only prescribe enough so that the patient has enough medication for there own requiremnts
over prescribing just over burdens the the already over burderned NHS.

Sponge_cake87

louiseb said:
also dcotors only prescribe enough so that the patient has enough medication for there own requiremnts
over prescribing just over burdens the the already over burderned NHS

I said only this " IF SOMEBODY HAVE A UNNECESSARY (A LOT OF, TO MUCH) new PENS WHICH I had discribed previous. I said only if somebody want to share with me :D

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The pens we have also come from the NHS. Taxpayers pay for them, the same as the insulin.

Speak to the IDDT, or a least read their website, like janabelle said. Levemir and Lantus are both very expensive insulins, there are alternatives. The IDDT has lots of information about what is available, and the effectiveness/duration of each. There was a recent report in this country, that said levemir and lantus (and novorapid and whatever the other fancy fast acting insulin is) offer little benefit over older insulins.

If I had to pay for my insulin, I probably would not be using novorapid and levemir.

Also insulin pens are an expensive way of dispensing insulin. Personally, I could not self inject with vials and syringes, so I understand if you cannot either, but if needles do not bother you so much and you cannot afford pens etc you might like to look at vials and syringes.