1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2017 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by kas3554, Nov 8, 2017.

1. kas3554

kas3554 Type 2 · Member

I am on glucobay and diamacrom as sad as it is I don't know what sort of meds they are. As for my diet I don't care what my doctor says I am going to do what feels right for me and my results although early days say low carb is for me

• Like Like x 4
  2. KathyCP

KathyCP Type 2 · Well-Known Member

not jealous at all ....

3. KathyCP

KathyCP Type 2 · Well-Known Member

i don't eat meat or poultry, but i do eat fish, so that makes a lchf dier a little easier to manage. but i have vegan weeks, and i find tofu with onions, peppers, mushrooms and spinach works a treat. i also eat hummus and lentils, though in moderation, as they do push things up a little, but that doesn't seem to make a difference over a few months or so. when i'm not being vegan i do drink milk, but only occasionally added to tea or coffee, or when i have the odd luxurious cappuccino.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sue192

Sue192 Type 2 · Member

Hello Karen - a fellow newbie here! I found this website amazing and so good for information and encouragement from everyone. I can't post the link yet but if you look at the Low-carb food list thread, there is a really good food list that I was searching for and which bulkbiker kindly provided. The list has helped me get over the 'what on earth can I eat' panic! There is a lot to learn as oh_dear_me says, and your head will spin (mine did), but the best thing I've found is to not try to take on too much information at once. Also, there are some brilliant recipes out there, including cracker substitutes which might be good for replacing the Vita-Weat. Nil desperandum!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook