Hello - I'm new!

Orchid

Hi JW

Really glad you got things sorted out. I felt very tired those first 12 weeks, the baby is doing of developing and growing. Have you had any sickness, or are you one of the fortunate ones who gets away with it, some mums do, some don't. Unfortunately I got it really bad! :mrgreen: But all worth it in the end :D

Take Care

Orchid

SWMHO1

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to all this too... diagnosed with type 2 last August, on 2g Glucophage per day, plus 150mg Sitagliptin. Been having major tum problems with the Glucophage, tried normal metformin, but that too gave me a dodgy tum.
Tried to carry on as normal, but just don't seem to be able to keep the medicines down. Spoke to diabetic nurse on Monday and they advise stop all tablets, get new blood test and may have to go on insulin - Agggh never thought it would be this bad.....although wieght, cholesterol all in good order, sugars are around 14-15 mmol before meals...
Any advice guys... ??

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Firstly
Hi
Julie
Keep us up with news of yourself and your baby. How's your Mum on helping? My daughter ( not diabetic) had a troublesome pregnancy and I as her Mum was there to help out. Now I get to "borrow" my delicious granddaughter about once a week.
Secondly
SWMHO1
Have you tried a reduced carb diet? It would allow you to cut the Metformin down. You seem to be near the maximum dose. Did you build up to it gradually?
Try taking it during your meals, that's supposed to help.
I too would rather avoid insulin. I've seen too many hypos with my T1 husband. Low carb does the trick for me.