Hello. Type2.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Hi and welcome to a great supportive network of friends..

Reactions: BoggyBimbleJr

BoggyBimbleJr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just a quick update. in January I was told I had to get my HbA1c down to below 55 or I would be on Metformin and the results of my blood test this week gave a reading of 53, which the nurse said was very good from 68 three months ago. My cholesterol is 4.5 which she said was very good also. This is mainly a result of not eating any chocolate, cake, ice cream, sweets or any tinned stuff that has more than 5g sugar per 100g. My next blood test will be in November and she wants my HbA1c down to below 48.

I have also lost just over one stone in weight and that's without doing any exercise, though I have got a new high activity job as a kitchen porter which involves three days of eight hours each washing up and walking up & down the kitchen putting things away, so that may count as a form of exercise. I keep meaning to use the turbo trainer or go for a long walk every day, but I'm lazy and never seem to get round to doing it.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
100g. My next blood test will be in November and she wants my HbA1c down to below 48.

I keep meaning to use the turbo trainer or go for a long walk every day, but I'm lazy and never seem to get round to doing it.
Those are good reductions in blood sugars and weight in just 3 months @BoggyBimbleJr, well done! :)
Keep it up and you should be below 48, or maybe even 42 or below (non-diabetic figure) by November.

I used to have a quite active physical job before I retired, but at least 30 minutes continuous exercise will help too. I used to walk about 3 miles to work most days. It was easier to do as it was part of my daily schedule, so I didn't have to set aside a specific time just for exercise.