Hello

jayne30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm new on here. I joined so I could talk to people who actually have diabetes and understands.
I am 30 and have been type 1 for 5 years now. It's been a long journey and I definitely have a love hate relationship with diabetes.

Reactions: Prem51

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi I'm new on here. I joined so I could talk to people who actually have diabetes and understands.
I am 30 and have been type 1 for 5 years now. It's been a long journey and I definitely have a love hate relationship with diabetes.

Hi @jayne30. I was diagnosed Type 2 about two and a half years ago after a kidney transplant (the steroids I was/am on as part of the anti-rejection treatment caused the diabetes). I was on Gliclazide at first (with little effect..not helped by the steroid causing big, long spikes. It was all pretty frustrating. I got things under control when records I kept of my meter readings, food and meds informed me as to what was doing most damage. My doctors agreed to dramatically reduce the steroid. I came off Gliclazide and focused purely on a low carb diet. Getting in control certainly made me feel more positive. This site/community was so helpful. i am sure you will get a lot from people here and from contributing yourself to advising others.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
A very good morning to you
Welcome along and yes when things are going well with my diabetes I love myself (not the diabetes) but when things are not so good I feel hatred towards my Diabetes.

Its funny but after 43 years of it I hadn't thought of it like that until you mentioned it in your opening post........

Wanders off lost in thought..........

Tony

Reactions: jayne30 and Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @jayne30 and welcome to the forum. I'm T2 but there are a lot of T1s on here. It does help to be able to share experiences and get advice and support from people who understand the condition.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hi @jayne30 , I was diagnosed 12 years ago after waking up in hospital. I have good and bad cycles but I do the best I can. Chin up!!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Do ask any questions. You may want to use the Type 1 forum for that or just browse around as I do.