Hello

colinthecat

Hello,

I totally missed this section, what a good idea, so here goes.

My consultant believes I have LADA. This has been mis-diagnosed for over a year. I had type 2 for 3 years, and went to the doctor with painful feet and sensitivity over my body late 2007. I specifically asked if it was to do with my diabetes and was told no. Matters just got worse and I was told it was fybromyalgia. It was only when I got down to 6 stone did I get sent to the diabetic clinic in Dec. I was told I was the worst case they had seen in 18 years, and my pain is a classic sign of type 1. I am on the mend now, but the pain over my body has got worse. It is meant to get better sometime.

Over the year I have been lucky to live with my sister and brother-in-law as I just managed to get to work then get home and get to bed. I couldn't concentrate on anything else, particularly my financial situation which is now dire. But I just don't care. All I can think about is trying to get better.

I am hopeful.

Gina

CalicoBec

hey there

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that things keep getting better, welcome to the forum :)

Becca

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Gina and welcome to the forum.

If there's any advice you need to help you get your blood sugar levels down, which will reverse the neuropathy symptoms you have been suffering, then please ask away. Best place to do this is in the "Ask the Experts" or "Diabetes Discussion" sections.

chocoholic

Hi Gina,
Sounds like you and I have something in common. I too have LADA and spent 5 years mis-diagnosed. I started to get pain in my feet just before the correct diagnosis last year. By cutting down to moderate carbs, I have found the pain in my feet has practically gone now, so might be worth your consideration too. I was gutted to be given surgical stockings last year to help with the neuropathy. I was told I'd have to wear them for life. They still sit unopened in a drawer.
I belong to a walking group and have no problems striding out with the best of them.
Stay positive and if you can cut down your carb. intake, even just a bit it will help.
All the best, chocoholic.

colinthecat

Attn. Chocaholic re. LADA

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Someone else mentioned cutting carbs so I think I will try that. My consultant has put me on Gabapenten as the pain is so bad over my body. I am seeing him Tuesday so hopefully I may know more then.

Regards,

Gina