Hello

dman

Dislikes
Needles.needles,needles and spiders
Hi there.
I have been a diabetic for 7 years now.
I started out on metformin and loads of different pills, but to no avail.
I felt 50 times worse on the pills.
so i was put on insulin, that has been a constant battle, as i have a major needle phobia and end up losing my temper and destroying my kit in anger.
I know i am my own worst enemy.
I was then put on inhalable insulin, that worked a treat until it was stopped in December, yet again i was put back on injections.
Blood sugar now high, as i can't face needles.
I am now waiting for a sq pen to arrive.
Hopefully this will solve my problems.
Anyway enough of my problems.
Hope everyone is o.k out there.
Have fun

:)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya and welcome to the forum,
im sorry you are having problems, would hypnotherapy or similar help in ridding your phobia?
any questions ask away :)

dman

Dislikes
Needles.needles,needles and spiders
No, my head is the only thing that still functions, ( i think) i wouldn't want someone altering that!!!!!!

CalicoBec

Hey Dman,

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear your having troubles. I had hypnotherapy in the past and I can honestly say it was great, its not like one visit and you are fine, u have to go a few times then maybe go once or twice a year to top up how you feel (although not sure how it works for phobias to be honest) but its just a really positive experience and you leave feeling very empowered, rather than having ur head altered, if that makes sense. I always just felt very refreshed, its almost like a massage without being touched lol Anyway, just wanted to say don't write it off without looking into it :)

Becca