help and advice pls

Redlady47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey I have been struggling with my diabetics over the last year and a half with anxiety and depression as well I have tried to claim PIP but have been told that I am fine and don't need it I struggle to work the 30 hours a week and have panic attacks in unfamiliar surroundings I keep having time off due to the depression and stress cause I can't keep sugar levels under control can someone please advise me if I am entitled to any help at all thank you in advance xx

ivyicarus

Hello, im a type 1 diabetic and i suffer with really bad control of it, alongside diabetes i also have autistic spectrum disorder and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Based on this, i qualify for the higher rate of care from the DLA (Disability Living Allowance) and the lower rate of mobility. It works out at about £415 every 28 days.
Then, i also get ESA (Employment and Support Allowance) which works out at £373.80 every 14 days.

Based on what you're saying, i cannot see why your GP wouldnt sign you off work permanently. Its obvious you're really struggling.
I recommend opening up a new claim for DLA (once you've got your DLA in place, thats when you can apply for the ESA), if your claim should be rejected just appeal it. They'll have to hear you out if you wont stop bothering them!

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I recommend opening up a new claim for DLA (once you've got your DLA in place, thats when you can apply for the ESA), if your claim should be rejected just appeal it. They'll have to hear you out if you wont stop bothering them!
DLA doesn't exist anymore for new claimants. PIP is what you apply for and if you fail the interview then ask for the mandatory reconsideration. If still no joy and you think you meet the criteria then appeal to the tribunal. From reading other peoples posts I think you have a month to appeal the decision.
ESA is a completely different benefit and has no relation what so ever to PIP or DLA.

deafjohn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
can anyone get from DWP to cover for special shoe for diabete ?

deafjohn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DLA doesn't exist anymore for new claimants. PIP is what you apply for and if you fail the interview then ask for the mandatory reconsideration. If still no joy and you think you meet the criteria then appeal to the tribunal. From reading other peoples posts I think you have a month to appeal the decision.
ESA is a completely different benefit and has no relation what so ever to PIP or DLA.

do we have to pay for appeal to the tribunal ?

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
do we have to pay for appeal to the tribunal ?
No you don't pay for it unless you employ a solicitor. CAB and other welfare charities will help if you ask them well in advance. I have heard from other sources that the RBL and other forces charities will help as well if you were a member of the forces.

can anyone get from DWP to cover for special shoe for diabete ?
If the NHS say's you need special shoes made then they make them and pay for them. If you have a foot problem that the NHS wont pay for then try asking for the VAT to be refunded due to medical needs.