Help! Insulin pen prescription.

Battleaxe1981

Treatment type
Insulin
Does anybody here use the reusable insulin pens for novarapid?
I ordered a new one for my son as his got damaged so we are using his spare. However, 3 separate pharmacies have said they havent go it. They can't order from supplier as they no longer make them!
Surely this can't be true?! This morning I noticed the prescription said green pen. And dial up range 1-35 and our old pen is blue and 1-30. If the problem was colour or dial up range difference wouldn't the pharmacy just have said so?

If they really aren't making them anymore can u tell me what pens u are using instead please?

Thank you xxxx

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would speak to your DSN at the hospital, they normally have a stock of pens.

I never got one from a pharmacy

Battleaxe1981

Treatment type
Insulin
I would speak to your DSN at the hospital, they normally have a stock of pens.

I never got one from a pharmacy
Thank you.
They said to get everything prescribed by the doctor so I never thought to ask. I will give them a call and see if they can get me a spare. I'm flapping incase something happens to this one!
Thanks again xxx

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Battleaxe1981 Yes you will need to get these from your DSN/team - call them now, good luck ;)

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anybody here use the reusable insulin pens for novarapid?
I ordered a new one for my son as his got damaged so we are using his spare. However, 3 separate pharmacies have said they havent go it. They can't order from supplier as they no longer make them!
Surely this can't be true?! This morning I noticed the prescription said green pen. And dial up range 1-35 and our old pen is blue and 1-30. If the problem was colour or dial up range difference wouldn't the pharmacy just have said so?

If they really aren't making them anymore can u tell me what pens u are using instead please?

Thank you xxxx
Which pen are you after, might be a good time to get an Echo if not on one before. Mine came on prescript from pharmacy ok a yr back

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
or possibly conbvert to disposable pens so you dont have this issue in future?