Help please

Lucky_boy

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
hi i am new to this site and hope I can get some help been feeling very bad in the morning I took a glucose blood test before eating and drinking it was 68 should I see my doctor or is that ok any help please.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
are you in the uk. is that in uk units or usa ones if uk you have either sugar on your hands or your seriously ill, try again and see what it says wash your hands well. if the usa numbers then your a little low.

Lucky_boy

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
are you in the uk. is that in uk units or usa ones if uk you have either sugar on your hands or your seriously ill, try again and see what it says wash your hands well. if the usa numbers then your a little low.
Hi thanks for your reply I am in the uk I washed my hands before doing the test.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Also please can you describe what you mean by a " blood glucose" test . What did you actually do and when did you take the test compared to when you got the reading ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi i am new to this site and hope I can get some help been feeling very bad in the morning I took a glucose blood test before eating and drinking it was 68 should I see my doctor or is that ok any help please.

Hi thanks it is mol uk

Hi @Lucky_boy ,

Welcome to the forum..

Could you have a look at the memory function on your meter once again & let me know if there is a "." between the 6 & the 8 on your morning test?

I feel it might be worthwhile seeing you GP if you haven't done so in a while...

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
  • Normal: 3.9 to 5.5 mmols/l (70 to 100 mg/dl)
  • Prediabetes or Impaired Glucose Tolerance: 5.6 to 7.0 mmol/l (101 to 126 mg/dl)
  • Diagnosis of diabetes: more than 7.0 mmol/l (126 mg/dl)
so you see what we are puzzled 6.8 is nearly in the diabetic range you will need to see your doctor. at 68 well ive been at 24 ive seen others at 30 but never 68 i really think you would be more than off at that level.

Lucky_boy

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi @Lucky_boy ,

Welcome to the forum..

Could you have a look at the memory function on your meter once again & let me know if there is a "." between the 6 & the 8 on your morning test?

I feel it might be worthwhile seeing you GP if you haven't done so in a while...

Lucky_boy

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi thanks for your trouble the only reading on the memory is the one I did this morning it reads 6.8 that is all thanks

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi thanks for your trouble the only reading on the memory is the one I did this morning it reads 6.8 that is all thanks

Well that takes us back to the original comment. You tested your blood sugars in the first place because you feel rotten in the mornings. Depending on what you mean by " a glucose test " 6.8 might be normal or it might be on the high side. Maybe its time to visit the doctor and get a check up ?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks for clarifying that! 6.8 is a vast difference from 68!

6.8 is higher than normal but not drastic. You need to go to the GP and ask for a full test (an HbA1c)

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
phew you had a number of us worried at that level you blood would have been sweeter than honey. 6.8 if you had not eaten or drunk over night puts you in the high pre diabetic range. your body is complaining its under stress. see your doctor and reduce your carb rich foods like bread. comeback if you want loads of friendly advice.