help please?

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i'm having constant hypos today/tonight and don't know what to do i know theres a tbr but im new to pumps and don't understand it :[

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Type1Lad The temporary basal rate is to reduce or increase your basal rate for a certain length of time (you choose how long eg one hour, two hours, etc).

What pump do you have? Can you check the manual? Do you know why you're having the hypos?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What make pump are you using?

How long you been on pump?

Are you sure its the basal rate and not bolus's that have been wrong? Have you basal tested?

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What make pump are you using?

How long you been on pump?

Are you sure its the basal rate and not bolus's that have been wrong? Have you basal tested?
my rates are all wrong atm, i've been on it since 29 dec =.= so its fine tweeking at the moment got pump therapy tomorrow :p
Im on the insight pump i know how to go into tbr so put it at 90% for now and see how this works >.<
if its still going low in a hour then ill go down to 80% :p

lely

my rates are all wrong atm, i've been on it since 29 dec =.= so its fine tweeking at the moment got pump therapy tomorrow :p
Im on the insight pump i know how to go into tbr so put it at 90% for now and see how this works >.<
if its still going low in a hour then ill go down to 80% :p
To be clear you have gone -80% not just 80% coz that would be more.

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
sorry yes i went down to -90 % and if i keep going low in a hour or two then ill go down to -80%

Yes do that and monitor closely, if necessary reduce it further until you speak with your pump team tomorrow. Stay safe.

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't get disheartened my friend, it can take a few weeks to get the basal rates right.
haha hopefully tomorrow, they can some what sort it out,

before pump:
expert.jpg

After pump:
insight.jpg

lely

I too am new.to the pump 5 weeks. And I've had a few similar issues. late afternoon keeps producing lows even though I've reduced basal every 2 days by 0.025. Still.Having lows. Must be bolus so adjusting that now to see if I get better control.
This my 5th week though has been my best control yet. No bg over 8 in two days. This is amazing.... For me. hope you level out.

Reactions: 3 people

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I too am new.to the pump 5 weeks. And I've had a few similar issues. late afternoon keeps producing lows even though I've reduced basal every 2 days by 0.025. Still.Having lows. Must be bolus so adjusting that now to see if I get better control.
This my 5th week though has been my best control yet. No bg over 8 in two days. This is amazing.... For me. hope you level out.
started to see me rising so canceled tbr, will just have to keep a eye on it >.<

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
To be clear you have gone -80% not just 80% coz that would be more.
@Type1Lad is right saying he went to 80%. Its 80% of his basal which would be -20% in other words

@Type1Lad it takes time to get it right and what is programmed initially needs lots of adjustments. it took me about 4 weeks to get there. You need to do some basal test and change it hour by hour. Speak to your team and they will help you to do that. Good luck :)

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
wow you,s are doing alot better than me, my limits are between 5-7mmol and currently running more highs than with highs @49% withing 33.3% and hypo at 7.9%, this week has been bad for some reason but think I'am starting to get a cold and abit stressed at the thought of the operation on Friday. those readings are from 1 week. 1 month are above 49.4%, within 32.3%, below 10.6% and hypo 7.7%

Reactions: 2 people

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
haha hopefully they can sort me out tomorrow everything needs changing my normal profile is to much -10% is too much and now it seems this is to much :( all i want 2 do is sleep :(

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I'm very sensative to this novorapid @Type1Lad so today when I was at clinic we dropped basal rates by 0.01U/h, seems a tiny amount but my biggest basal dose is 0.46U/h and that is between 7-8pm because of the meal i eat between 6-7pm to try conter the spike

Reactions: 2 people

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
think they will have to set my normal profile as the one im using now then i can try and get on with the others >.<