Help sought please

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have the leaflet in the box still, it usually tells you what to do if you miss a dose. Keep an eye on your levels today too.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At bedtime assigns inn definitely sure

About 10/11pm??
The normal rule of thumb if you forget the basal the previous night? (& you are absolutly certain.)
Is take half your usual dose, test more than usual keeping a closer eye on BS. Then come the evening time administer as the usual routine...
That's the T1 way... What are your BS levels like at the moment?

Reactions: Ixarix

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I asked my HCP about this scenario. She said increase your daily management dose by 1 click per time then take the Lantus as usual at bedtime. Hope this helps.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
so what are you blood sugars looking like now?

It's 2pm now so you're 60% through the day with no basal. If you take any lantus now, theres likely to be overlap overnight (which is when you'd really least want to be experiencing overlap and increased hypo risk). Because it's so late in the day I probably wouldn't take as much as 50% of your dose now - you might consider more like 30% if you blood sugars are looking particularly high.

Do you take bolus insulin too? If so you could use that to correct highs instead and avoid a lantus overlap and just take your normal lantus dose at bedtime instead.