Help!

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Week 7 of the ND
Started Sunday morning on my lowest weight yet which was 12st 10.5lbs (originally 15st 2lbs 7 weeks ago)

Today my weight is 12st 13lbs and my fbg has risen to 7.3 this morning (Tuesday).
I have stuck religiously to <800 Kcal consisting exactly of 3 x shakes and low starchy veg. I haven't cheated or veered off the original ND.

I seem to be going in the wrong direction all of a sudden but have not changed my routine, sleep, work, eating times, type of food, diet, menu, drinks, water intake.

What's going on? Anyone? Help!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Did you retest to check? Otherwise, you may be fighting off an infection that, as yet, you are unaware of (you may not ever be aware as our bodies are quite good at fighting off infections before they take hold).

milesrf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
spammers, off topic posters, side effects of a stroke

Peerless67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Week 7 of the ND
Started Sunday morning on my lowest weight yet which was 12st 10.5lbs (originally 15st 2lbs 7 weeks ago)

Today my weight is 12st 13lbs and my fbg has risen to 7.3 this morning (Tuesday).
I have stuck religiously to <800 Kcal consisting exactly of 3 x shakes and low starchy veg. I haven't cheated or veered off the original ND.

I seem to be going in the wrong direction all of a sudden but have not changed my routine, sleep, work, eating times, type of food, diet, menu, drinks, water intake.

What's going on? Anyone? Help!

I have had my numbers increase during the past week or so, I think its normal as I too have stuck to my diet plan.
Im sure stressing about it does not help either. I would take a reading before bed and then again in the morning and see if there is a rise, you can then attribute that to a dump.

Also keep in mind you are getting these incredible numbers on zero medications.

On the home stretch now.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As others have said, it may just be a one off rather than a trend. Fasting numbers are notoriously unreliable. Much better indicators are the pre evening meal ones. As for the weight increase, we do fluctuate up and down by the odd pound or two during the day - even emptying our bladders and bowels can make a difference. This is normal. Just hang on in there, record your data, and move on, but keep an eye out for upward trends over a few days.