Help

JIMDOG1

Dislikes
patranising dr and nurses lol
Hi Crosby

I have little leakage sometimes but very small amount if its lump after injection its soon absorbed so I would say your getting 90% or more of your units if u are on short acting insulin and carb counting I'm sure that would reflect on your readings if u was not getting correct dose its normal to get little pain now and again I could go days with out problem then ouch realy painfull I always hold for 10 secs or more then withdraw needle 9x out of 10 no problem.

I'm sure a more experienced member will be along to correct me if im wrong as I'm type 2 on insulatard was on nova rapid 6 months after dianoses so memory might not up to speed as I've not been on insulin for a while

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think it necessarily means you haven't got your whole dose. I think the problem is that if it collects under the skin it won't always absorb at the rate it normally would.

Are you injecting a large amount? I was worried about it forming a lump when I took my Lantus as I was on a high dose and could feel the lump a little way into my flesh... but the Dr said it's supposed to collect in a little lump but NOT directly under the skin surface.... I've had that too where the lump makes the skin puff up because the insulin has collected literally right below he skin surface instead of further in.... That's not supposed to happen.

Not sure if that makes sense or helps at all, but there you go! :)

michaeldavid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not thinking
17 mmol/l isn't immediately dangerous, but it's rather high. You don't want it to stay that high for too long.

michaeldavid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not thinking
You probably simply did not inject deeply enough, crosby1984.

Make sure you inject in a fleshy area, and stick the needle well in. (Paradoxically, you'll that's less painful.)

But I'm sure that lump's gone now, anyway!

Anna2007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I would like to know something. If you are staying in a hotel will they provide a sharps container for you to put your insulin needles in?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Crosby!

I find that if I bleed after injecting I don't always get my full dose - I think the blood brings some of the insulin out with it.

Hi Anna!

You don't really need a sharps bin in a hotel. I just take a little plastic box with me and put the used needles in there. When i get home again I pop them into my sharps bin.

As far as i know there are no laws governing injecting in public. I usually just get on with it discreetly. Nobody's ever complained when i've injected at restaurant tables. I do often ask to be seated at a table by a wall or a corner etc so that I can jab discreetly all restaurants have obliged when they could.

Smidge