Helpful Book

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been reading 100 things i wish i would have known about living with diabetes. Strongly recommend this book from Diabetes UK.

Has a lot of useful tips e.g.refrigerating pasta after cooking then reheating to lessen the carb spike.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
.refrigerating pasta after cooking then reheating to lessen the carb spike.
Ah. That old one. That's really a case of "Your diabetes may vary". I've found it makes no difference to me!

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah indeed they are all personal experiences but with 100 in there im sure some will apply to individuals

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I havent tried it re-heated as i can imagine its like cardboard. I dont mind it cold though! #dontshootthemessenger :)

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I might be in the minority but i might go as far as to say i prefer it cold. This does help portion control too so not all bad!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting read i always hypo after cooked pasta so im going to have to try these out!

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yea cold pasta is surprisingly tasty.

#FirstWorldProblems
Typical summer dish: a salad pasta could be quite tasty. I don't like reheated pasta very much due the fact I had always to eat baked-oven-pasta at the nun's canteen, and was made with the leftover pasta of the day before, that in theory shouldn't be bad but the sauce should be good...
On the other hand pasta reheated in the microwave could be reasonable.

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah i use the little pots to take to work handy because you cant overfill them either