Herbal Tea's

figgywiggy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am making cinnamon tea as it is claimed the spice helps diabetes. Steep one tsp of cinnamon in boiling water for 10 minutes. Add an ordinary tea bag for three minutes and then tsp of unprocessed honey. Will see if it helps in any way. Make sure the cinnamon is Ceylon type not cassia.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am making cinnamon tea as it is claimed the spice helps diabetes. Steep one tsp of cinnamon in boiling water for 10 minutes. Add an ordinary tea bag for three minutes and then tsp of unprocessed honey. Will see if it helps in any way. Make sure the cinnamon is Ceylon type not cassia.

I think I would drink it unsweetened, or use a less carby sweetener than honey. My preference would be xylitol or erythritol.

I also had the most fabulous cinnamon toast, once (centuries ago) which was basically a blend of cinnamon, butter and brown sugar, spread on fabulous granary bread.

Nowadays, I would use butter, cinnamon and erythritol, in approx equal quantities, on LivLife toast.
Yum!

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aldi Fruit Berry tea is bloody nice. Branded as Diplomat. Cheaper than Twinnings for 40. And best of all they are ZERO everything.

bluejeans98

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Also try a slice of lemon in hot water. Sip it in the morning. Great for kick starting the metabolism. Is also supposed to help those suffering from migraines.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I like mint tea but not camomile. I think the only herb or fruit teas i don't like are grapefruit and camomile. Otherwise i will drink any tea but my favourite is Redbush (Rooibos) with a splash of sweetened soya milk

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App