Hi all...

Ali2003io

And happy holidays, can i please ask for an advice? I must pack my hospital bag and i've got no clue how many sleepsuits, vests and what ever i need for the baby i should pack? Thank you for any advice xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
And happy holidays, can i please ask for an advice? I must pack my hospital bag and i've got no clue how many sleepsuits, vests and what ever i need for the baby i should pack? Thank you for any advice xx

Hi @Ali2003io :)

My advice is to assume you'll be in for at least 3 days possibly more. Better to take too much than too little, I think.

Bear in mind it can be quite hot in hospital, so,pack,accordingly.

I don't actually remember how much of each thing I took for my son (baby brain goes on for years!) but I think I took 5 sleep suits and 5 vests plus a couple of cardigans, a hat, a little coat, a going home outfit and a blanket - plus lots of nappies!

When they're little, their clothes don't take up much space, so if in doubt, pack more!

Don't forget your stuff in all the excitement! Let us know how things go!

And Happy Holidays to you too :)

Reactions: himtoo

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Have a look on mumsnet - there's tonnes of baby bag lists. Also remember that visitors can always bring things and in some cases may turn up with presents of babygros and vests.

jade88

I packed 2 bags - one for me while being induced and in labour and and babies first outfit then one with all baby's stuff and clothes for me - we left second bag in car then switched them after baby was born this was really handy as there wasn't a lot of space in the ward xxx