Hi all,

Ali2003io

Big day is coming... getting ready for an induction tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be alright and a quick birth. How long did it took you to deliver after induction? Thank you and sorry to bother you. Have a great week end

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi , good luck for tomorrow !!
I was 3cm when I went in but I was induced with pessary at 6 am immediate contractions started and had my son at 7.03 pm no major issues and his blood sugar was also stable after birth :)

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Be prepared for a long week! I went in on the Monday to be induced, went through every stage of the induction and by Thursday they took me to delivery to break my waters but things just weren't happening so ended up with an emergency c section Thursday night!

Hopefully things go smoother for you but if not, it's so so worth it as soon as you have that little baby in your arms.

Good luck xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Exciting news @Ali2003io !

My advice is to be prepared for your induction to take ages, and then you'll be pleasantly surprised if it's quick :)
If they can break your waters, then that can speed things up.

Every woman and every pregnancy is different. My last labour took a couple of days from pessary to birth, but some ladies have given birth a couple of hours later!

Take plenty of things to occupy you, keep relaxed, keep moving and look forward to seeing your little baby :)

Good luck XX

Ali2003io

Thank you to all of you for your reply.... i was Hoping to go quickly home but i think my litttle one isnt't in a Rush like me .

Reactions: azure

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
I went in on the Wednesday. 24 hour pessary went in. Then the 6 hour one. Waters broken on Friday morning (7am) and hooked up to syntocinon. Went from 3cm to 9.5cms by 2pm. No progress after that so EMCS and had by boy by 4pm.

So, it was pretty long and frustrating. BUT we're here 13 weeks later and it's all a distant memory .

I agree with @azure 's advice; have a realistic attitude and should it go well it'll be a lovely surprise!

Reactions: azure