Hi all

stripe65

Hi all I am stripe a 52 year old male, I suspect that I have a blood sugar problem, just seeking advice on where I can gain access to reliable information as I am not allowed access to a GP or tests.
Cheers, look forward to chatting with you all.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am not allowed access to a GP or tests.

You're not allowed access to a GP or tests? Is that a typo? I was going to ask if you were in prison, but prisoners do have access to their GP...

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @stripe65 and welcome to the forum.

Can you tell us why you don't have access to a GP ? If you believe you have an issue with your blood sugars then you will need to see your GP to confirm a diagnosis, unfortunately with Dr Google and here within this forum we are unable to confirm a diagnosis, so why do you think you have a problem ?

stripe65

hi all and thanks for the warm welcome,
Juicyj blackouts, "brain fog" absences and anxiety, the only thing that temporarily improves the situation is 2 teaspoons of white sugar dissolved in water (honey has no effect), that's why I suspect blood sugar issues
i am going to get a glucose meter to check my levels, both on a regular basis (to provide baseline data) and to check when symptoms occur to eliminate/confirm there is a problem or not.