Hi, been on this site for a while

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hello. Been a member on here for over a year....I think its time to introduce myself
Been T1D since April 1st 1971, am now 51 years old. Have never really had control over my diabetes and am now suffering the consequences....Blind in my left eye and stage 4 CKD. All my own fault. Have bee with a dietitian now for 18 months (since CKD diagnosis) and have just realized, after 46 years, I can control it :). Never too late i suppose.
Just been considered for the Omnipod and Libre and am awaiting confirmation of acceptance. So yet again will have a load to learn

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi and welcome to the forum. im sure the mods will be along to welcome you. and your right its never to late.

Reactions: porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @porl69

A warm welcome to the forum.. What took you so long to post? :)

Great to meet another long timer.

I look forward to hearing more from you!

J>

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi and welcome
Whatever has happened in the past has happened and theres no use dwelling on it.
You can only control the here and the now.
43 years a type 1 here and 50 next year so similar age so if I can offer my humble opinion on anything whatsoever please do get in touch.

All the best

Tony

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@porl69 . Welcome to the forum.
You're right it's never to late. Onwards and upwards.
Irrespective of how much control you've had with your diabetes down the years I'm certain others will benefit hugely from what you can tell them.